background

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ten on Wednesday

1. Is it just me or does Peppermint Mocha CoffeeMate not taste nearly as good after December 25th?

2. For the first time yesterday Justin actually used packing tape on Kendry’s diaper after one of the tabs tore off in the changing process. He says he didn’t want to waste an otherwise perfectly good diaper which, by my calculations, only cost us about twenty cents. Have I mentioned how frugal my husband is?

3. And today we woke up to a few inches of snow. Its only a week late.

4. I think scarves are just about the greatest outfit accessory ever. I love ‘em! Inevitably, next year they will be “out”, and I will still have a giant stack of them in my closet. I can never keep up with fashion trends.

5. Two cats just poked their cute little faces up against the window next to my desk. At moments like that I think I would love to have another kitty like our sweet Kaia…and then I remember all the cat hair.

6. I had hoped to take Kendry swimming for the first time this coming weekend but, alas, the new swimsuit I ordered isn’t scheduled to arrive until next week. Depending on how he does we might sign him up for swim lessons this spring. I had wanted to have him start in December, but figured the other moms and kiddos might be grossed out by Kendry’s spitting up in the water. He has almost outgrown that.

7. Is it okay to pick the same New Year’s Resolution two years in a row? Last year’s cooking one meal each week resolution kinda died off as my pregnancy wore on. Now that Kendry is starting to eat a wider variety of solid foods my interest in cooking healthy meals for my family is growing.

8. I am loving the after Christmas lull this year. Normally, having nothing on the horizon after Christmas leaves me a little depressed, but this year all I can think about is all the free time I have to accomplish things.

9. #1 on the “to be accomplished” list is cleaning up our basement, which has been filthy dusty and cluttered since having our central air installed in September. We are attacking that project on New Year’s morning.

10. For New Year’s Eve this year we are having a family night at home: a yummy dinner, the movie “Hangover” and a wonderfully early bedtime. Sounds divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment