Although I admitted a few posts ago that I was homesick for Alaska, there are many reasons why I love living in a less extreme climate. One being that I don't have to keep my family outfitted with the mass of basic cold weather gear that every Alaskan must own and wear for several months out of the year. Given how fast Kendry is growing, I have trouble fathoming the cost of his regular clothes and shoes for the next 17.5 years, let alone any winter gear he will need (and only wear twice before he promptly grows out of them before the following winter rolls around). That being said, however, there is nothing cuter than excited little kids all dressed up in their winter clothes and headed out to make a snowman or go sledding. Who hasn't laughed hysterically at the little brother in A Christmas Story when the mom dresses him in his huge, puffy snowsuit? "I can't put my arms down!!"
So, even though Kendry really doesn't need much in the way of winter gear, I couldn't help but find him a few cute items for his first winter, this hat being one of them:
In case you weren't already aware, our neck of the woods has awakened to single digit temperatures all week. Brrr! Fortunately, my mom (Kendry's Alaska Grandma) gave us a wonderful snowsuit for Kendry to wear this season, which we are currently keeping in the car in case of emergency. Of course, I will post photos of Kendry in his snowsuit once he experiences his first snow....whenever that will be...
No comments:
Post a Comment