1. “I’m…dreamin…of a white…Christmas…” I am listening to my Elvis Christmas CD in the car this week, in the hopes of introducing Kendry to some real Christmas classics. He seemed to be laughing to the tunes this morning. I’m not sure if that means he likes Elvis or if he is already laughing at how old-fashioned his mommy is.
2. We recently bought Kendry some meat baby foods and last night I gave him his first taste of pureed ham. The smell alone was about enough to knock me out - it reeks like Spam! He was a sport and ate a good portion of it before his gag reflex started kicking in. I couldn’t blame the kid. He eats pretty much anything, but the ham was probably pushing his limits. This morning when I got him out of bed I could have sworn I caught another whiff of Spam - blech! I think we’ll ditch the baby food ham and just let him enjoy diced up real ham when he is ready.
3. We’re putting up our Christmas tree tomorrow! Hooray!
4. Kendry had his first meeting with Santa last night and he did great. He gave Santa a few stares, but then smiled happily for the camera.
5. I have accepted the fact that pregnancy totally stole my rear end, but yesterday I sat on a bench at work and felt like I was resting my entire body weight on my butt bones (probably not the actual medical terminology, but you know what I mean). Ouch! Shortly thereafter I looked up the cost for a gym membership at the aquatic center near our house. $20 a month is a small price to pay to get my rear end back (meaning muscle). My goal is to get to the gym for my first workout sometime in the next week. Or, I suppose I could just eat a lot of Christmas baked goods over the next month.
6. Justin, Kathy and their kiddos will be here to visit us in just two weeks! I can't wait for Alexis and Kendry to meet; they are only three weeks apart in age.
7. We are SICK of turkey!!
8. 24 more days until Christmas, which means I only have about 13 more days to get my gifts mailed off to Alaska. And with each passing day the post office gets crazier and crazier...
9. We bought over $50 worth of Christmas lights at Walmart the day after Christmas last year. At that time Justin was feeling quite ambitious about Christmas 2009. He put up the lights this last weekend and they look gorgeous, but he only used about 5 strands of icicle lights on the front of the house, and a few blue strands for the tree in front of our house. You do the math. Yep, we still have about 10-15 boxes of various Christmas lights sitting in the basement. What were we thinking? Anyone need lights?
10. Where is my first snow?! I'm still dreamin of a white Christmas...
No comments:
Post a Comment