background

Thursday, December 3, 2009

New Rudolph Tradition

Most of you know just how much I LOVE the claymation Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer movie that plays on TV each December. In fact, I even own it on video, although it is much more fun to watch it live on TV. I'm not really sure why that is. Perhaps because if its on TV that must mean Christmas is coming, as opposed to watching it on video at any other time during the year, which, for the record, I do not do.


I figured it was only appropriate for me to get Kendry off on the right foot when it comes to this Christmas tradition of mine. The program aired on TV last night, but it didn't start until 8pm, and Kendry usually goes to bed between 7:30 and 8. Not to mention that WSU and Gonzaga were playing basketball against each other last night, so someone else in the house was playing couch commando. Even if I had wanted to stretch Kendry's bedtime out so he could watch the show, it wasn't going to happen. We're pretty sure he is now cutting teeth on top and he started getting pretty irritable around 6:30 last night. I had planned to put up and decorate our Christmas tree while Kendry bounced in his jumperoo (happily) nearby and could watch. But no dice on that plan. I finally gave Kendry a little baby tylenol and decided to give him some mommy time. Then I realized the perfect solution. I grabbed my Rudolph video, Kendry's pacifier and bear blankie, and our Christmas quilt, and together the two of us curled up to watch Rudolph on mommy and daddy's bed. For only being 7 months old Kendry actually seemed to enjoy the movie, not to mention the sound of me singing along with the songs. He happily played on my lap until he could no longer keep his eyes open.
Yes, this is going to be a magnificent Christmas tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment