background

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ten on Tuesday



{1}
Its January 31st already?!
Yowsa!

Guess we'd better get crackin' on those taxes.


{2}
After nearly three months of 'flying by the seat of our pants' cooking, I have got us back on a meal plan.
{sigh of relief}

Life is so much easier when organized, no?


{3}
Speaking of organized...

Kendry has demonstrated a few distinct Type A personality characteristics lately.

I asked him to put some of his laundry away; when I found him a few minutes later he was ever so carefully laying his underwear in a neat stack in his drawer.

Then, while waiting for his clock to turn green one morning, he made the most of his free time and laid out his clothes for the day.



I couldn't be more proud.

Justin couldn't be more freaked.



{4}
Aren't those toddler Wranglers the cutest?!

Kendry picked them out to wear again yesterday; when I asked him to turn around so Mommy could take a picture he refused.

Party pooper.


{5}
GO GIANTS!

I'm a sucker for those Manning boys.



{6}
The kiddo has retaliated against his alarm clock a bit lately and, as I've mentioned before, he always comes to my side of the bed when he does this.

After one of these rough nights last week, Justin and I were feeling clever and switched sides of the bed so:
a) I could get a good night's rest without kiddo interruption; and
b) Justin could do some bad cop parenting.

Stupid plan.

I slept for nine hours but it wasn't good sleep; I was a grump all day long as a result.

And the kiddo? He never even came into our room! In fact, he overslept that morning.

Typical.

So yes, I'm here to tell you that waking up (and sleeping) on the wrong side of the bed does indeed have its consequences. No wonder they have a saying for it!

 

{7}
Said at the dinner table last night:
"I want to make you happy, Mom."

My precious child, you make me happier than you will ever know.



{8}
I fell in love with this printable on Pinterest this week and already shipped it off to be printed for me at Costco Photo:

(source)
The funny thing is, I have pretty much given up Diet Coke.

Are you shocked? Cuz I am.



{9}
Poor kiddo got his fingers bitten while feeding the neighborhood horses this weekend. He was doing a great job of keeping his hand flat but the horse got excited and thought Kendry's finger was the carrot. I'm not sure which hurt worse, his fingers or his pride. He loves those horses.


{10}
This Week's Blessing:
After keeping Kendry occupied outside for most of the morning on Saturday, Justin took him to a basketball game that afternoon. I cannot remember the last time I had so much time to myself in my own house.

My hubby is the greatest!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment