Remember the guitar we made out of recycled materials a few months back?
Priceless, I tell you.
Kendry has enjoyed this guitar more than I ever dreamed.
Although its merely cardboard, duct tape, rubberbands and twine, this guitar has withstood toddler destruction better than some commercially manufactured toys - mostly thanks to the half roll of duct tape we have used for repair jobs once every two weeks.
Lately Kendry has upped his rock star antics to include jumping with the beat and finishing the song with a floor dive.
And you wonder why the guitar needs to be repaired so often?
This song is one of his favorites, and one of mine as well.
This is the chorus he is singing:
"Oh, happy day! Happy day!
You washed our sins away.
Oh, happy day! Happy day!
I'll never be the same.
Forever I am changed."
What a joy to explain to Kendry this song is about Jesus washing our sins away.
Kendry is practically devastated whenever part of the guitar breaks. He will hover over my shoulder while I repair it, watching with such a serious face you would think I was performing an actual surgery.
I dread the day the guitar is destroyed beyond repair - more for myself than for Kendry.
You see, what Kendry doesn't know is that his grandparents got him a real guitar for Christmas. 'Real' as in not made out of cardboard. I'm sure his cardboard guitar will be forgotten mere seconds after he gets the real one in his hot little hands. Such is the way it goes.
Sentimentalist that I am, it breaks my heart to even think of throwing the cardboard guitar away at the end of its life.
Am I silly for wanting to save it in Kendry's keepsake box?

Oh my goodness, Kendry's song is the SWEETEST thing ever. You will be thrilled you have that on video. :-)
ReplyDelete