{1}
For those of you still waiting to receive our Christmas card...
you will be waiting a long time...
as in next December.
What can I say?
December got busy and my super cool Christmas card idea was thwarted at the last minute.
THIS was as close as I got.
Sometimes you just have to know when to throw in the towel.
I'll do better next year, I promise.
{2}
I have this thing about reading the book before I see the movie.
Chalk it up to my Type A personality.
More often than not I am then disappointed by the movie ("The Notebook" anyone?), but thats fine.
Its a good thing "The Help" is already out on DVD because I finished the book this week and can't wait to see how the movie plays out.
Very, very good read.
{3}
And speaking of books...
I got myself a Kindle Fire!
I feel so hip.
This weekend I made a simple cover for it. It didn't turn out quite as I would have liked - I screwed up the elastic a bit - but it is still cute and will work for the time being. Plus, I already had all the supplies so it was free. Yeah, baby!
I got myself a Kindle Fire!
I feel so hip.
This weekend I made a simple cover for it. It didn't turn out quite as I would have liked - I screwed up the elastic a bit - but it is still cute and will work for the time being. Plus, I already had all the supplies so it was free. Yeah, baby!
Did you notice the cute little pocket on the left side?
I followed this tutorial.
{4}
Picnik will be no more come April.
I am so bummed.
I am so bummed.
{5} and {6}
The cutest baking partner ever,
and my super-cute (albeit ancient) KitchenAid beautified by the decal my sister bought me.
Love you, Jaim!
{7}
Buttermilk is my new best friend.
Not only does it rock my Red Velvet Cake recipe, but it makes the yummiest coffee cake and incredible homemade pancakes. I can't believe I am 31 and only now realizing one should always have buttermilk in their fridge.
{8}
I attended a baby shower this week and had so much fun trying out a new gift idea I found on Pinterest.
My inspiration:
Those are baby wash cloths rolled up like lollipops and stuck onto a baby spoon.
So. Very. Cute.
Mine:
{9}
I love my evening craft time but boy does it make for lousy lighting in my pictures.
Sorry, folks.
I love my evening craft time but boy does it make for lousy lighting in my pictures.
Sorry, folks.
{10}
This Week's Blessing:
Our local library has gone digital!
This means they do ebooks.
Yippee!
{A little shout out to Cassie for notifying me of this development. Thanks, Cassie!}
Our local library has gone digital!
This means they do ebooks.
Yippee!
{A little shout out to Cassie for notifying me of this development. Thanks, Cassie!}



Love this post! I'm with ya on so many things!Yup, I HAVE to read books before seeing the movie. "The Help" is next on my reading list. And Yes, I agree The Notebook movie was a disappointment!!
ReplyDeleteYour Kindle cover looks great, like the design on the fabric.
And I've just discovered my library's selection of ebooks too! YAY!
Lastly, I'm so with ya on the buttermilk. We have "Pastor MacGowen's Buttermilk Pancakes" at least every other weekend!
:)