Pull Up A Seat, Kiddo
One of my very favorite projects to date is the kiddo kitchen nook. Not only has the table been the perfect place for Kendry to sit for a quick snack or complete a craft, but we love the chalkboard. Kendry practices his budding artistic skills now and then, and at other times I use it to write something fun.
In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, this is my current message:

Best kiddo book ever, right?
The table has also worked perfectly as a kiddo seating area when we have dinner guests.
The only drawback is that we only had the little bucket seat.

I'll be the first to admit that as cute as this bucket seat might be, its not the easiest for kiddos to sit on. Its just a wee bit tall for kiddos, and if you don’t sit on it just right it can get a little tipsy.
So even before I finished the nook I was searching for more seating.
I found this little cutie at my neighbor's yard sale last June for just a couple bucks. It was just the right height for our kiddo table.
Can you say ‘meant to be’?

But the roses weren't really doing it for me. And Kendry is a boy, after all.
So I slapped a little paint on her.
Then, to give it a little more character, I drafted my own subway art in Microsoft Publisher, printed it out and stenciled it onto the seat using this method.
Time consuming, yes. Particularly when you don’t have a fancy set of fine-tipped artist paintbrushes. But it was worth every painstaking minute because the words turned out just as I had envisioned.


Here she is at home in the nook.
Love it! I need to be your pinterest friend because I can only imagine all the fun stuff you find on there! I actually had my husband make a toy box off the last website you posted and now I am totally using this technique to paint the boys names on the back of their chairs. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteVery cute!
ReplyDelete