background

Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Taste of the Single Mom Life

Whew! That’s just about all I can say after the last 48 hours, during which its just been Kendry and me. Justin’s work sent him to Boise on Tuesday afternoon; much to our delight, he flies back tonight at 6:30. I shouldn’t be this worn out after just two days, right? Yeah, that’s what I thought too. Our regular schedule (when Justin is home) involves me dropping Kendry at daycare in the morning and Justin picking him up in the afternoon, usually around 4:30. For the last two days though, Kendry had to stay at daycare an extra hour because I don’t get off work until 5. On top of that, in order to pick him up I don’t get to take my normal route home - pretty much a straight shot with very little traffic or stoplights. Nope, instead I get to head straight up Lewiston’s main drag, complete with rush hour traffic and eight stoplights. Needless to say, by the time Kendry and I made it home the last two days we were completely exhausted. I’m not sure what I had envisioned for these two days on our own, but I can assure you that it didn’t involve Kendry waking up at 5:15am the first day, the hassle of getting my car to Les Schwab to have my tires rotated, or being delegated to pick up the office mail at the post office each morning.

We have only four more hours until Justin arrives home, and those four hours will probably seem like twenty. At 5pm on the dot I have to pick up my car at Les Schwab, dash to pick up Kendry, and then scoot over to the church to prepare the Sunday school supplies. The catch is to accomplish all of this before 6:15pm because Justin has requested that Kendry and I be in the terminal waiting for him when he plane lands at 6:30. Yep, I’m pretty sure my blood pressure went up just thinking about this after work itinerary. However, I did manage to put dinner in the crock pot this morning before I left for work, so a fresh batch of taco soup will be waiting for us at home. Yeah, me!

Gotta send a shout out to Shirley and Chet who watched Kendry an extra hour the last few days. You are both such a blessing to our family! Thank you so much!

And another shout out to my girlfriend Nancy who had us over for dinner last night. Dinner was delicious! And now I can say for certain that I ate at least one complete meal while Justin was gone; the rest of it is all a blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment