background

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ten on Wednesday

1. Kendry has his 9 month check-up next Monday, which means he only has five more days to pack on the pounds for his official weigh-in. His eating habits have been a little finicky over the last few weeks; we are attributing it to his teething. But finicky eater or not, he is definitely a healthy, growing boy.

2. One of our favorite pastimes while shopping at Costco is hitting up the sample tables. Forget about making lunch - just head to Costco around 11am on a Saturday or Sunday and you can enjoy quite the smorgasbord of meats, cheeses, pasta, soup, fish, bread and pastries. I do draw the line at actually standing there and waiting for the next batch to come out of the pan or microwave though - for some reason that appears a bit desperate to me and, please, I’ve got shopping to do. But do you ever notice the poor guy/gal who got stuck with manning the sample table for milk or vitamins? Seriously, does anyone even approach those tables except out of pity?

3. I have decided that for my 30th birthday I want to go to Silverwood Theme Park. What better way to ring in a monumental birthday than acting like a kid again?! Plus, I have never been there.

4. Kendry has become our little army crawler; he crawls all around the house on his belly rather than on all fours. I got a video of him crawling but had trouble getting it to upload this morning. Grr! For those of you on Facebook, I did manage to get it uploaded there.

5. I am thinking to go with a bug theme for Kendry’s first birthday. Only three more months until my baby boy turns 1!

6. It was nearly 50 degrees again yesterday. I wore my long pea coat to work because it was still decently chilly in the morning, but when I headed out for lunch I felt like I was dressed for the wrong season. Obviously, Punxsutawney Phil hasn’t been to Lewiston in the last few weeks or he would know that spring seems to have arrived already.

7. GO COLTS!!

8. As many of you know, I don't have a dishwasher. Our house was built in the 50's and I'm not sure anything other than the floor and the sink has been updated since then - save for the GE appliances we purchased shortly after we moved in. But I digress. These days I feel like I spend half my evening at the sink, hand washing the day's dishes. I'm tempted to start keeping track of just how much of my life is spent at that darn sink. Perhaps that will help convince my hubby that we at least need to find a portable dishwasher to use until we can remodel the kitchen.


9. I have actually made myself a pot of coffee the last few mornings at home and have gotten minimal negative remarks from the peanut gallery (aka my hubby). For those who know Justin, you know this is a huge step because he hates coffee with a passion. Boy, does that morning cup help get me going, especially when I get up at 4:45 to hit the gym.

10. There is a man at my gym who wears an 80's style cut-off sweatshirt for his workouts. Think "Flashdance", but with a guy who is about 6ft and 220lbs. And when I say cut-off I mean he doesn't just cut around the neck and arms, but he also cuts off the bottom to make it nice and short at his waist. Now imagine him doing overhead presses... Ahhh, just another day in Clarkston.

No comments:

Post a Comment