2. We are very much looking forward to going out to dinner with some friends this Friday night and, many thanks to Amanda, it looks like we'll have a babysitter for Kendry. The restaurant is in Genesee (about 20 minutes away) and is supposed to be good eating. I asked a colleague if she had ever heard of this restaurant and her response was: "They have a restaurant in Genesee?" Could be interesting...
3. Kendry's Auntie Andrea got him the cutest OshKosh jeans for Christmas this year and I couldn't help but take a picture of him in them. Too cute!
4. We enjoyed a wonderful Superbowl Sunday this past weekend. After church, a quick nap at home, and visiting Justin's grandparents, we attended the annual party with Justin's colleagues. Justin brought his own homemade chicken wings (spicy and BBQ) and I brought Peanut Butter Whoopie Pie cookies (recipe can be found in the Feb. Better Homes & Gardens). Both were a hit! Kendry was a little hesitant around all the new faces and the shouting during the eventful game, but otherwise he did incredibly well. He even laid down for his afternoon nap in his pack and play in a back room. While he didn't have a Seahawks (or any other football team) jersey like his mommy's to wear, he did have a onesie with a football on it that says "My Dad is my Hero". All dressed and ready for the game:
5. This last weekend Kendry and I left Justin on his own for a few hours. When I left Justin had already climbed the ladder to take down our icicle lights, and he had climbed the tree in the front yard to take down the lights there as well. I figured I was okay to leave knowing he wouldn't be falling off a ladder or out of a tree while I was away. When I returned home I was puzzled to see a tow rope attached to one of the huge (and dying) trees in our back yard, not to mention an axe stuck in the trunk of the tree. Mind you, the trunk of this tree is about 2 to 3 feet in diameter, so taking this tree down is no small feat. But it seems my hubby got inspired to hack down this huge tree while I was gone. Fortunately, the buddy he was hoping could help him was out of town that morning; once Justin realized that he lost his motivation. (sigh of relief!) Something about trying to take this tree down without professional help has me a little worried, but Justin will stop at nothing to get rid of it.
6. While its not one of the more popular events, I'm really eager to see some XC skiing on the Olympics this year. I would love to take up XC skiing as a hobby next winter.
7. We need to find Kendry a little Seattle Mariners cap before the baseball season starts. Justin is determined for Kendry to experience his very first MLB game this year, especially with Junior still playing for the M's.
8. You will never guess what I bought Justin for Valentine's Day this year. I am so excited to see his reaction cuz its something he has been wanting for quite some time now.
9. I'm fairly certain my Easter black jelly beans will be on candy shelves come Monday...
10. For those who actually read my "ten" blogs, I'm thinking to steal Justin's nightstand this weekend and accomplish that next project on my to-do list. I'll let you know his reaction.
No comments:
Post a Comment