background

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ten on Thursday

1. I am convinced there is no better Valentine's Day candy than Hershey's Hugs, and no better Easter candy than Cadbury Mini Eggs...or maybe black jelly beans...or perhaps Snickers eggs... Hi, my name is Jody and I am a sugar-holic.

2. Kendry is still trying to cut that pesky top tooth. He developed his first teething fever last Sunday afternoon and it broke Monday morning, but still no official tooth poking through just yet. It was so heartbreaking to see him not feeling well; he just wanted to cuddle with us with his blanket and pacifier. But by Monday evening he was back to his smiley self.

3. I am finally registered for the Big Climb in Seattle on March 21st, which means you can now sponsor me to climb the 69 flights of stairs for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Two years ago I did it in 17:12.30. This year I want to get under the 15 minute mark. If you are interested in sponsorship please visit this site: http://www.bigclimb.org/

And if you are interested in sponsoring gas money for my long drive over to Seattle, as well as my night out on the town with Amanda, you can send your donation to 2303 5th Avenue, Clarkston, Washington. Please note that I do not accept checks.

4. I got my smiley boy to pose for a few photos this morning. Could he be any cuter?

5. I first had my cholesterol checked about five years back and was surprised to find out it was over 200. Well, surprised might not be the right word since I have always known that the Binder blood line has elevated cholesterol levels - thanks, Dad! :) But I am proud to announce that as of the start of 2010 my cholesterol is at 180. Hooray! This might call for a celebration dinner of a big fatty steak.

6. We have had 50 degree weather all week, which is especially weird since I still have little snowflake and snowman stickers on my windows at work. Is it possible to get sunburned in January in Washington? I just might find out.

7. I am entitled to a free photo book on Shutterfly this month so I am making a book called "Kendry's Family", complete with photos of our family members on both sides so Kendry can become familiar with faces and names, especially those family members that he doesn't see too often. It has been quite a fun project.

8. We said goodbye to our cute little green car today and I was kinda sad to see it go. I loved that color.

9. I wonder if I have the motivation to tackle a painting project this weekend...

10. Two more weeks until Superbowl and I have yet to decide on a treat I will be contributing to the party we attend. I am trying to come up with something in a football theme this year. Here is what I'm thinking: Did someone mention high cholesterol?

No comments:

Post a Comment