background

Friday, January 15, 2010

Our BIG boy

Its fairly noticeable that Kendry has put on a bit more weight over the last two months. His legs, which were always so skinny, finally got little rolls in the thigh area, and his belly seems to have taken on a life of its own. He won't have his next official weigh-in at the pediatrician's office until he is nine months, but I weighed him on our home scale the other night. He is a healthy 21.5 lbs, which means he has finally doubled his birth weight. Technically, I think most babies manage to achieve that feat a little ealier than 8 months of age, but given that Kendry was over 10lbs at birth he had a little more ground to cover.
Being first time parents, and attempting to be economical at the same time, we shopped around before Kendry was born and purchased the Graco Snugride 32 infant car seat. We liked the Graco features and figured that any car seat that would fit a child from birth to 32 lbs and 32 inches was certainly economical, right? Plus, I’ll be honest here, we loved that we found it in a color that matched our green car. But, as any veteran parent would have quickly pointed out, 32 lbs is a lot of weight to be toting around on your arm. Correction - make that 41.7 lbs because the seat itself weighs 9.7 lbs without the base. Talk about exhausting, and awkward.
As of this morning, I am still toting Kendry around in his infant seat, which, aside from the weight, has been a great seat in every other aspect. This means I am regularly carrying around 31.2 lbs on my arm. Hello, mommy biceps! But this is the last day for Kendry to ride in his infant seat. Last weekend we finally got around to ordering Kendry’s big boy car seat, which will also transition into a booster seat as he grows. We ordered two since our work day routine involves me dropping Kendry off at daycare and Justin picking him up.
The seat(s) arrived yesterday and we are planning to install them first thing tomorrow. But we gave Kendry a preview last night:
The seat is pretty big but he doesn't look very small sitting in it. :(
Then I had him try on Daddy's sunglasses so he really looked ready to ride: I admit I will miss the car seat that matches my cute green car though.

No comments:

Post a Comment