background

Monday, January 11, 2010

Ten on Wednesday

1. A little over a week ago, Amanda and Ava came to Lewiston for a few days. Kendry really enjoyed having Ava around - specifically, he enjoyed just about every toy Ava was playing with. Kendry would take one toy from her, watch her get another toy, put his toy down and once again take the toy from Ava. Teaching him the concept of sharing could be interesting. Here they are side by side, 8 months and 5 months. For being cousins I don't see that they look too much alike at this point.


2. This weekend I finally started reading the "Twilight" series. Many thanks to my buddy Amanda who sent me her copy of the series to borrow as my Christmas gift. I won't admit that I am hooked just yet, but I am certainly finding it a fun read.



3. Today I remembered just how near my office is to Dairy Queen. So near, in fact, that I could very easily walk over and get myself a blizzard on my break, with time to spare. I am fairly certain I am suffering from an ice cream deficiency.

4. Since Seattle didn't make the playoffs this year: GO COLTS and GO CARDINALS!



5. On Monday night I attended the January Replenish at Warner Alliance Church; it is a women's night for worship and Bible study. We studied the Old Testament and, for the first time, I actually felt inspired to really buckle down and study the OT on my own. I have never realized how rich it is with the history of our faith. What a legacy!



6. Kendry was 8 months old last Friday and has yet to crawl. They say you shouldn't really wish for your child to go mobile, but we certainly are. He gets so frustrated when he wants to get to something or get someplace and simply can't. He has figured out how to scoot himself toward something using his army crawl position, or he rolls toward it, but that only gets him so far. The closest he has gotten to being on all fours was when Ava was here. For some reason, he prefers to use his elbows instead of his hands. Does that still count as being on "all fours"?



7. My new Athleta bathing suit finally arrived (and fits). Now its time to take Kendry for his first swim, perhaps this weekend.



8. We're not sure if its the Christmas lights we've had up since Thanksgiving weekend or the cold spell we had in early December, but we got our SHOCKING utility bill in the mail this week. Can you say "Ouch"? Something tells me those fifty boxes of Christmas lights sitting in our basement may not go up next year.


9. Wow, I turn 30 in just 190 days.



10. What? Did you hear that? I'm pretty sure it was a Snickers blizzard calling my name...

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Ava and Kendry, but cannot believe how big he looks. He'll be crawling in no time...then u better watch out:)

    Watch out with that football, ours has already ripped apart and lost it's stuffing...

    ReplyDelete