Oooo, my 10 this week is kinda lengthy. Lots on my mind...
1. My hubby made my week by giving me a Starbucks gift card that he got as a perk at work. I have never been so happy that Justin hates coffee.
2. I finally finished the re-do of my photo collage wall at home. Up until a few months ago I only had a few wedding photos on the wall. Kinda drab. I took those down, painted the wall, reformatted my collage (complete with new photos and my Family sign), and then "staged" the area. I am so pleased with how it turned out, even though it took me a few months to get it accomplished. The sign says: "A Happy Family is but an Earlier Heaven". I am still searching for just the right hardware pulls for the buffet dresser. I seriously struggle with home decorating; I pretty much have to see something I like in a magazine or store, or someone else's home, and copy it. I give credit to Real Deals store for this staging, especially the old books (which actually were from my own home library - I didn't have to buy them).
3. I am loving my new wheels! How did I ever live without heated seats?
3. I am loving my new wheels! How did I ever live without heated seats?4. I battled some nostalgia this weekend as we installed Kendry's big boy car seat (the correct one that rear-faces this time) in my car and we put away his infant seat. I cleaned the infant seat and base thoroughly because I am the type who cringes at the very thought of putting anything into storage in a dirty condition. When I put the infant seat cover back on I put the harness at the very smallest setting, figuring that the next child to ride in the seat will be a tiny newborn - well, tiny as in less than 10lbs 5oz anyway, or at least I hope. It was strange to think of Kendry being small enough for that setting not too long ago, and it was exciting to think of the next baby we'll get to put in the seat.
5. One of the next projects I have in mind for home decorating involves stealing Justin's nightstand...permanently. Think I can get away with it?
6. As I mentioned a few days ago, we went to the local pool last Friday for Kendry's first swim. This weekend I finally got caught up on laundry and was quite surprised to find what I can only assume is chewing gum on the seat of Justin's swim trunks that he wore to the pool. Initially I thought it was just lotion, soap or, more common around our household, Kendry's spit up. But after two washes with no luck of getting it out I finally asked Justin if it could be gum. He was just as stumped as I was but, not having nearly as much tolerance for public swimming pools, admitted in disgust that it was probably some foolish kid's gum that they spit out in the pool. Yuck!
7. Its getting lighter and lighter outside when I leave work at 5pm. We're gaining!
8. On Sunday morning Kendry figured out how to get on his knees and pull himself up at the coffee table, positioning himself perfectly to reach the things we have attempted to keep out of his reach by placing them on the table. I was so surprised that I quickly pulled him down for fear of him tumbling over, only to realize that is exactly how he is going to learn. Naturally, when he attempted it again a little later and I simply stood by to watch, he DID topple over and bonk his head on the floor. But this milestone made me realize it was high time we move his crib mattress to the lower setting before he figures out how to topple over that.
9. I truly believe the Black-Eyed Peas should do a workout CD. How can you not be motivated for a tough workout listening to "I Gotta Feeling" or "Let's Get it Started"?
No comments:
Post a Comment