background

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. I am love, love, lovin' the extra minutes of daylight we are gaining each day! Can you feel it?

"I felt it!"

"Alright, Janice!"

{Just another silly inside joke with my family.}


2. To all you cat lovers out there: you'd better give me some humane suggestions for keeping stray cats out of our flower beds and yard pretty darn quick or my hubby will be taking matters into his own hands.

I'm pretty sure I heard the words "darn cats" and "pellet gun" in the same sentence this last weekend.


3. Kendry is now proudly saying his own name. Last night it was included in his "I like" list that goes something like this (in a singsong voice):

"I like Mommy, I like Daddy, I like Shirley (daycare provider), I like Sophia (daycare kiddo), I like Kendry..."

My 20 month old is admitting that he likes himself. That must mean we're doing something right when it comes to promoting his self-confidence, don't you think?


4. He also repeats "Kendry Dru" very clearly back to me, which steals the thunder a bit from my "Mommy had to use your middle name" discipline moments.


5. And speaking of parenting, I am reading and loving Grace-Based Parenting by Dr. Tim Kimmel. God's grace for us is even more amazing to me now that I'm a parent.


6. Its that time of year again....TAX SEASON! Normally the organizational freak in me is stoked to get all my paperwork in order, login to TurboTax, plug in all our info and {shazam!} get our refund. This year, however, I'm a little overwhelmed. You gotta love the medical expense deduction when you're spending oodles on fertility treatments, but try working that in with your Health Savings Account and you end up with something that, well... should probably be turned over to an accountant.

Wish me luck!


7. In case anyone is keeping track, I did not win either of the Silhouette giveaways I entered in last week. Booooooo!


8. ANXIETY IS...having $800 worth of medications just hanging out in your fridge.


9. PEACE IS...knowing God won't let this medication go to waste.


10. This Week's Blessing: my hubby's homemade BBQ chicken pizza. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment