I'm going to let you in on a little secret:
{I wasn't always the supercool chick that I am today.}
I know this must come as a real shock to you.
{I wasn't always the supercool chick that I am today.}
I know this must come as a real shock to you.
But let me assure you I went through many an awkward stage, namely in junior high. Think permed hair and braces.
It was not pretty.
And even though I engrossed myself in the athletic crowd in high school, I was still a nerd at heart.
I have always felt a special kinship with Drew Barrymore's "Josie Grossie"; probably because it sounds so similar to "Jody Grody".


I realize that my story is hardly unique. Everyone goes through at least one awkward stage during their preteen and teen years.
What I didn't anticipate, however, was my own kiddo showing some nerd tendencies at such at early age.
Then again, who am I kidding? I married a math major after all. How cool did we really expect the offspring of "Jody Grody" and "Mr. Mathematician" to turn out?
Case in point: Kendry has this really cute winter hat with the basic ear flaps on the sides. Now that we're moving into his more independent stage he insists on putting it on all by himself each morning. This is how he puts it on.
I know what you're thinking.
"Jody, he is only 20 months old. How can you expect him to not put his hat on crooked?"
Trust me, I wish it were that simple. And at first we thought it was.
We laughed and told him he put his hat on crooked; then we took it off and put it back on his head correctly.
Nope.
He pulled it right back off and put it on "the right way", using one of the ear flaps like a bill on a baseball cap.
Which incidently reminds me of another nerd in a goofy cap.
"YOU'RE KILLIN' ME, SMALLS!"
Ahhh well, Justin and I may make them nerdy, but at least we make them cute, right?

That's too funny!! Love it!
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDeleteI say let him do it his way! I don't know if you saw my post from last week about the "vows" I am making to Ella--one of them is to let her make her own fashion mistakes.