background

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Hooray for big baby boys! Kendry had his 15 month check-up today. He is measuring 34.5 in tall (99%) and weighs 27 lbs (80%).


2. The hubby was home sick today. I came home to find bread baking in the bread machine and homemade calzones about to go in the oven. I'm thinking he needs to stay home more often.


3. Disney Movie Trivia: "I'm tired, and I'm hungry. And my tail's froze. And my nose is froze. And my ears are froze. And my toes are froze."

4. Leave it to my kiddo to dirty his diaper within minutes of arriving at the park to play. Leave it to Mommy to not have an extra diaper in the car. (insert forehead slap here)


5. Last night I stood in our back yard and watched two bucks grazing just twenty yards from me. Deer aren't nearly as impressive as moose (Oh Alaska, how I miss thee!), but it was still a beautiful scene.


6. Kendry's favorite words at 15 months of age:

OUTSIDE (pronounced "aaahhtt side", like its two words)

DADDY (he says this way more than "Mommy", which I usually have to prompt him to say)


ICKY

HOT

THANK YOU (okay, so it sounds nothing like "thank you", but he says it politely every time you hand him something)

YEAH (Mom, if you are reading this, I really am trying to condition this "yeah" to a "yes".)

6. Oh, and speaking of my mom, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOMMA! NOBODY LOVES YOU LIKE WE DO!


7. I am now 26 days into my 30th year and I am fairly proud of my progress on the Age 30 Bucket List. But whose stupid idea was it to read the Twilight series while training for a half-marathon?! Those 4 mile runs at 5am sure come early when you're up past 11pm because you just can't bring yourself to put down the darn book and get some sleep!


8. This Week's Blessing: attending an afternoon BBQ with friends at Hells Gate Park on Saturday. Kendry played happily for hours while we ate and caught up with friends. ("This Week's Blessing" is a new feature to my weekly TOT post.)


9. How is it possible my son is already outgrowing his shoes again?!


10. Sorry about my mundane TOT post this week. What can I say? It was a pretty low key week for us.

(BONUS: 11. Am I the only one who hates messing with the formatting in blogger?! Grrr!)

3 comments:

  1. no one has posted the disney movie yet?? I don't know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Eclipse... my favorite of all 4! Tell me how you like it... I've read it three times!

    I am also excited to read your comments about my post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disney Movie Trivia answer: 101 Dalmations :)

    ReplyDelete