background

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Okie dokie! I’m back to calling it Ten on Tuesday (TOT). I think this is a catchier title; plus, I’m hoping it will help me be more consistent.

2. There is nothing like a fun piece of home décor to get you inspired. This one I bought with some birthday money at Walmart last week:

I am not really a Walmart fan but I am LOVING their Better Homes & Gardens collection. I haven’t decided where I’m going to put it just yet, or what I will use it for. Holding my cooking utensils on the kitchen counter? Use it as a flower vase on my dining room table? Oh, the possibilities!

3. As mentioned in my
birthday post two weeks ago, Kendry is learning how to feed himself. His first challenge was his breakfast yogurt. Can you say “messy”?

He doesn’t seem to favor a certain hand just yet; rather, he swaps the fork/spoon between both hands at least ten times while he is eating. However, his left hand appears more coordinated than his right when it comes to stabbing food with his fork. Where I tend to encourage Kendry’s right hand simply out of habit, Justin encourages the left. How else will Kendry become a left-handed major league pitcher, right?

4. Blog Confession: I have a serious crush on Tom Selleck.

It doesn't matter if he is playing Magnum, Jesse Stone, Richard on "Friends", or Peter in "3 Men and a Baby". I love the guy! And what could be better than Tom as a cowboy ("Quigley Down Under")? Tom in a cop uniform! In case you haven't heard, he is starring in a new show this fall called "Blue Bloods" on CBS. Welcome back, Tom! I'll be watching you. (wink, wink)


5. Disney Movie Trivia:
"We're rehearsing a - a scene for the upcoming company play called uh, Put That Thing Back Where It Came From Or So Help Me. It's a musical. "Put that thing back where it came from or so help me... so help me, so help me..." and cut. We're still working on it, it's a work in progress but, hey, we need ushers."

(Note: this one might be a little tougher than weeks past. Good luck!)


6. I recently got a babycenter.com update titled "7 Foods Your Toddler Should Be Eating". This list includes: yogurt, avocado, salmon, blueberries, spinach, oats, and sweet potatoes. I've hit the head on half of these, but have slacked on the others. Time to get going on my toddler's nutrition! I would love suggestions on fun ways to serve avocado and spinach to a toddler. You should know that Justin and I are non-avocado eaters so I don't plan on squeezing any avocado into a community dinner dish; but I will take any other suggestions you might have.


7. Last night I watched as Kendry figured out how to independently climb up a small ladder on a Little Tikes climber in the church nursery. About a half hour before this he was needing my help to climb that same ladder. How much of a sap am I for nearly crying when he did it all by himself? He is growing up too darn fast.


8. Last night, in anticipation for the start of football season 2010, Justin pulled out and inspected Kendry's vintage Brett Favre jersey in size 2T and Matt Hasselbeck jersey in size 3T. Folks, the kiddo is ready for kickoff!


9. Hold the phone! Did I just say "football season"?! Are we there already?!


10. And speaking of fall, the big half-marathon is just two months away! Do I dare admit that I got somewhat bored running only 5 miles the other day? What have I signed myself up for?

2 comments:

  1. Monsters, Inc!!! Love that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody that one was easy! Monsters, Inc. is my one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete