Okay, not really. And tickets, plural? Yeah right. Justin may have watched the first two movies with me at home, but there is no way he will pay theater prices to see the saga continue.
But I am enjoying the books. They are a fun, easy read. And I think that sums up all I have wanted to read since Kendry was born: fun, easy, lighthearted books -- with the exception of The Time Traveler's Wife, which I read a year ago. Let me assure you, there was nothing lighthearted about that one.
Parenthood has just made our lives that much busier, so when I do find some down time to read I want it to be something worthwhile.
However, I have also recently taken to Dave Ramsey podcasts -- I find they make my long training runs much more tolerable. On one of the call-ins Dave mentioned that one of his favorite interview questions for a potential employee is to ask about the last book they read. Dave commented that the answer to this question can reveal a lot about the interviewee. He then went on to essentially say, and I'm paraphrasing here, that if you aren't constantly learning in your field you are making yourself expendable. And what better way to learn than to read?
Something tells me that Dave didn't have the Twilight books in mind when he made this statement. Not that I'm bashing this series because I really do love it, but I'm pretty sure the most in-depth discussion I have had over these books is whether you are a Jacob fan or an Edward fan. Pretty deep, right?
Now, if you want to chat with me about The Time Traveler's Wife you had better set aside at least a half hour, because I have some great ponderings on that one.
That's so fun that you lived in AK too! It was such a great place to grow up and a great place to be able to go back and visit. I am LOVING the fish we brought back! Well, honestly, I have only been able to stomach it once (I am having an aversion to any meat that is not chicken) HOWEVER as soon as this nausea passes I will be eating A TON of it!! :)
ReplyDeleteI have to admit- I LOVED the Twilight series and can't wait for the next movie to come out! I'm reading Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs (for the second time) and The Negotiator by Dee Henderson.
ReplyDelete