background

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ten on Tuesday





{1}
Its January 8th and our tree is still up.

Obviously I'm a little slow in taking the Christmas decor down this year.

However, as of 8:30 this morning my car no longer resembles a reindeer. One task at a time.


{2}
But hey! This is my 4th post in 8 days; consider that proof that I'm getting my mojo back.


{3}
Have you ever seen a purple ear?


Poor kiddo did an epic wipeout into a table top at McDonalds last Friday.

Fortunately for him, he can't see how nasty it (still) looks.



{4}
Apparently there is a helium shortage we knew nothing about.

Would you believe we drove to four different stores on Friday night looking for two "Its a Boy" helium balloons to complete our twin boy announcement? At the fourth and final store, we finally settled for a single non-helium mylar on a stick and then edited the photo of Kendry to make it appear that he was holding two balloons.

There is no helium to be found in this town. Who knew?!  (totally wish you could hear me say this with a squeaky helium-infused voice)


{5}
I'm headed to a baby shower this weekend for one of my girlfriends who is having...

wait for it...

TWINS!



{6}
Our once pretty guest room is vanishing bit by bit.

I'm busy sorting/storing/purging/selling this chaos:



And patting myself on the back for finding my paint color of choice in just two samples!


Sherwin Williams Passive (on the right)

My lighting was bad so it looks a little darker here than it really is.

{A shout out to my sis and Centsational Girl for the input on selecting gray paint as a neutral.}



{7}
Remember having your mouth washed out with soap when you used a bad word?

Tonight that tactic came full circle.

Thats all I'm going to say about that.



{8}
Cooking 101 with Daddy
1st lesson: homemade pizza!





{9}
Justin and I are finally in agreement that we need to start leaving Kendry's hair a little longer. Poor kiddo looks like a cue ball in the previous picture.

His fair skin only enhances the resemblance.


 
{10}
This Week's Blessing:
Reading through Kendry's Family book with him in anticipation of our Alaska visit. This is still one of my all time favorite projects completed:





2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness- his poor ear! We have never had an injury like that -knock on wood- and we have a crazy little chick- it has to be a boy thing! You are in for it, mama! And that is SO odd about the helium, once in Target I saw a personal helium tank with balloons for $20, just in case there is a shortage again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your guest room looks like my school room about now. My, do I need good shelving. The colors in yours are very cheerful in spite of the clutter :)

    ReplyDelete