background

Friday, January 4, 2013

Seeing Double on a Christmas Card





If you were on our Christmas card mailing list this year, you received this announcement:


 

 
I got this idea from Pinterest (where else?), and pondered it for several weeks before creating our own version. Why the hesitation, you ask?

 
Over-analyzer that I am, I actually wondered if some recipients might think we were finally getting a dog.


Go ahead.
This is a safe environment.
You can be honest.

Is that what you thought when you saw our Christmas card?


If so, rest assured you weren't the only one second guessing our message. I have received a few inquiring emails from friends over the last two weeks.

What can I say?  I love subtlety.  Especially when it pertains to a pregnancy resulting from an IVF cycle that almost everyone (and their mother) knew we were doing.

 

~ A little mystery now and then is good for the soul ~


 
With that in mind, I'll let you in on a little secret:
 

 
 

Its time to stock up on band-aids and denim jean knee patches.

Time to trade-in for a swagger wagon that can hold all three of our boys in carseats and later, all their teammates and sports gear.

Time to succumb to the fact that I will be behind on our laundry for the next eighteen years.


 
Its also time for this momma to have a monthly mani/pedi stipend so as to stay in touch with my girly side when my house is busting at the seams with testosterone.




As for next Christmas, don't stress too much about finding a hidden subtle message.

We won't have time to be that creative anymore.
 

 

What's that?

You say you didn't receive a Christmas card from us?


Well....this is awkward...


 


6 comments:

  1. Ha! Love it- congrats on TWO boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody, I loved it and knew exactly what you meant. Congrats :). You are defiantly are going to need some girly time. If your taking opinion I say get a Toyota. I love mine and won't trade it in for the world.(Okay I lied. I would trade it in for an 8 seater. I have a feeling were going to need it.) Miss you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Congrats!! Oh Boy! Oh Boy! Oh Boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh! That is so exciting! I'm jumping up and down on the inside for you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally got it (the card and the subtle hint)!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After hearing the helium balloon story, the picture of Kendry is even better :) BOYS ARE THE BEST! FYI from a mom with two boys: make sure you have plenty of carpet space in your living room for wrestling. Trust me on this.

    ReplyDelete