background

Monday, January 14, 2013

Show Me Your Best Pose, Baby!




One advantage of IVF:
by 16 weeks gestation we had already had three separate photo ops with our little boys.

See how photogenic they are already?


On transfer day:
Photobucket


At 7 weeks:
Photobucket


At 16 weeks:
Photobucket

Baby A (bottom 16 week pic) was a bit of a sleepyhead for his photo shoot, except for willingly showing us his sex.

Baby B (top two 16 week pics) on the other hand seemed to have absorbed every ounce of the chai latte I drank on the way to the ultrasound (don't judge). He would not. sit. still. No wonder I've been feeling him since just before the 16 week mark. He did, however, stop moving long enough to give us a thoughtful pose with his hand at his chin.


Photobucket


See?  Photogenic!


 
At the 16 week mark both boys measured/averaged at 16 weeks 5 days.

I, on the other hand, measured at 19 weeks...and am feeling pretty darn good about it, thank you very much.


A little twin info for you, which we just learned at the ultrasound: the assignment of Baby A is given to the baby whose sac is closest to the cervix, meaning he will deliver first. Throughout the pregnancy they will be consistently referenced as A and B so as to respectively track each one's growth from now until their arrival.

Incidentally, even we will be calling them Baby A and Baby B until their arrival because:

a) we don't have names picked out yet; and
b) even once we select the names we intend to keep them a surprise until the boys are born.

Sorry, folks.


2 comments:

  1. I could see them today! Makes it all seem so much more real, doesn't it? I love them already!

    ReplyDelete