background

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Ten on Tuesday




{1}
Flowers, flowers everywhere!






I'm just a wee bit proud of my corner flower bed.





{2}
It has even been warm enough to do this:





{3}
Go ahead and try one of these R.I.P.("rest in plank") moves.
I dare ya!

Rest in Plank


Folks, I'm here to tell you there is no 'rest' in 'plank'.

These moves will leave you hurtin'.
But my current exercise motto is "sore or sorry".
Do I want to be sore tomorrow, or sorry that I skipped (or skimped) my workout?
I've started pinning printables like this to keep variety in my workouts. Feel free to check out my board here if you are in need of some inspiration yourself.



{4}
Kendry and I met a new neighbor tonight while walking. I'm pretty sure she thought we were stealing her cat so she came out to stop us. In our defense, Morris used to be our stray cat - and we were just saying hi to her.

Three sentences into conversation this neighbor mentioned seeing a pet psychic.

I'm thinking the cat means more to her than it does to us, so we left Morris there.



{5}
While working with Justin on the pickup this weekend, Kendry rested his hand on Justin's shoulder and informed him: "Daddy, you're my best friend."

I'm trying not to be jealous.




{6}
For mommies of little oatmeal lovers, add this Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal to your arsenal. Its my friend Cassie's recipe and it contains very little sugar or butter. The semi-sweet chocolate chips add just the right touch of sweetness.



I like to make a batch on Sunday (approx. 12 muffins) so we enjoy them all week long. They make a great on-the-go breakfast, or you can freeze some and pull them out as needed. I pour a little milk on top before heating it for 40 seconds in the microwave.

I have become more aware of the processed foods going into my kiddo's tummy, so I enjoy when I can offer him a healthier homemade alternative to something he already loves.

Justin likes them too!





{7}
As it turns out, we need to let the patio cure for awhile before we stain it; in the meantime Justin has started on this:





{8}
I'm still waiting/dreading for someone to walk out that back door expecting steps.




{9}

This Week's Blessing:
I told you last week we had family visiting.



Saturday morning brought the surprise arrival of two more family members...from Germany! We were so excited to see Alex and Gisela again, and heretofore they shall be known as the family members who bought Kendry a microphone with amp.

My dad already laughs at what he calls Kendry's foghorn voice. Dad, this takes 'foghorn' to a whole new level.

But Kendry loves it.


 
Danke, Alex and Gisela!



{10}
I wonder when Justin and I will be able to afford a trip to Germany...


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I need to get my flowers planted ugh!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be proud of you little corner garden! I love it!
    I'm defintely gonna have to make the Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal. Sounds wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Melanie..the corner garden is lovely! And way to show the absolute gooiest pic of the Baked Oatmeal. I think you won us all over :) Love the wonderful family picture, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flowers and the garden and totally jealous that you have a sprinkler out already! Can't wait to try out the oatmeal recipe- looks delish!

    ReplyDelete