{1}
I spent an hour working on a front yard flower bed last night.
Sometimes gardening is a more rewarding form of exercise than running.
{2}
I was summoned yesterday for federal jury duty but didn't get selected. I would have enjoyed the opportunity to experience a trial but this was really a bad week for me to be away from home and work, so it all worked out for the best.
{3}
Backyard patio progress:
This weekend we turned some of our grass into abstract art.
Kendry was perplexed at the sight.
{4}
Confession:
If I pull up to the post office and see that its already crazy busy, and then find myself getting out of my car in the parking lot at the same time another person is exiting their car, I instantly become a world class speed walker.
I may have to wait in line behind 10 people already, but I'll be darned if I'm letting that 11th person in the parking lot beat me to the end of the line.
Go ahead and admit it, you've done it too.
{5}
Kendry quote of the week:
"Licorice makes my tummy feel better."
Ahhh, a kiddo after my own heart.
{6}
Please be advised of a correction on the Redneck Paleontology post from last week: Justin has brought it to my attention that the beer can he found is called an "Oly Pop", not an "Oly can".
I hope you will pardon my lack of knowledge on vintage beer cans.
{7}
The infertility essay I wrote for the drug company last month did not win.
I am a little bummed, but at the same time God revealed some things to me as I wrote it so I still came out blessed.
I will likely share some excerpts, if not the entire essay, with you at a later date.
I am a little bummed, but at the same time God revealed some things to me as I wrote it so I still came out blessed.
I will likely share some excerpts, if not the entire essay, with you at a later date.
{8}
Remember how I mentioned that creepy cave under our cement steps, and how I had no idea what creatures have been under there over the years?

Yeah.
Justin found the skeletal remains of a cat down there.
Double eww!
Yeah.
Justin found the skeletal remains of a cat down there.
Double eww!
{9}
Parenting Proverb:
He who is wise and desires peace and quiet after 8:00 p.m. does not permit a child to go to bed with a maraca.
He who is wise and desires peace and quiet after 8:00 p.m. does not permit a child to go to bed with a maraca.
{10}
This Week's Blessing:
This Week's Blessing:
Celebrating our risen Lord, and singing "Happy Day" (Kendry's favorite tune) with him during Easter Sunday morning worship. I had told him they would be playing 'his song' that morning and he was so giddy he could hardly sit still.
Not that Kendry ever sits still.
How big is that patio going to be? :)
ReplyDeleteTell Justin congrats on "breaking" all that grass....that's a lot of work!
Maybe Easter is still on my mind, but do you see any resemblance between the cave under your steps and the empty tomb? Just sayin'...
We're still waiting for snow to melt here, but losing more every day. This morning was the first time I felt the anticipation of yard work. Gotta run ~