pa·le·on·tol·o·gy [ pàylee on tólləjee ] NOUN
1. study of ancient life: the study of life in prehistoric times by using fossil evidence
The hubs did some serious jackhammering this week, to the point where our back stairs have been reduced to a mere pile of rubble.
Rubble that will take a loooonnng time to clean up. Guess what we're doing this weekend?
Then yesterday Justin took some spraypaint to our lawn and outlined where our concrete patio will be. We stared at the outline for awhile, using some Goldilocks reasoning:
Too big? Too small? Nope, just right!
Then the hubs exclaims: "Hey, I've gotta show you what I found!"
Let's pause for a moment here and zoom in on those stairs. See that little cave under there?
So unless the previous owners hid some buried treasure in those stairs, I really had no desire to see Justin's discovery.
Ever seen a time capsule like this one?
Justin says they call it an 'Oly Pop'.
Puzzling, wouldn't you say? I mean, its not like rebar needs a can to hold it in a curved shape.
Best I can figure, the concrete guy was drinking on the job and hid the evidence.
Justin loves it. This could be the start of his beer memorabilia.
Because nothing says home like a chunk of rebar and cement.
Love this :) What an interesting find...I remember those old style drink openings, too. Hmmmm, would I be considered an historic find?
ReplyDeleteHmmm...how about we call you vintage instead? That sounds so much prettier! :)
ReplyDelete