{1}
I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July.
We celebrated a different form of independence in our house this weekend:
Freedom from diapers!
The kiddo has been diaper-free since Sunday morning and is doing awesome.
In fact, thanks to Daddy, 'awesome' is the exact word Kendry proclaims each time he does his business.
"Thats awesome, Mommy!"
I couldn't agree more.
Now what to do with the last half of our Costco box of Huggies...
(FYI: We used the 3 Day Potty Training plan by Lora Jenson, which worked wonders. Let me know if you want a copy of the plan and I will email you the manual in pdf.)
{2}
Either Kendry's swim trunks are a bit wonky in their design or we are discovering the one area of our lives in which diapers will actually be missed.
{3}
In case you can't tell from the video above, our summer weather has finally arrived!
Justin's rose garden:
{4}
After a weekend of in-home potty training, we were ready to get out and have some fun on the 4th.
We attended a BBQ at our friends' house on the river and enjoyed the valley's big fireworks show from the comfort of their front yard.
Kendry was not a huge fan of the noise but loved seeing all the different color fireworks.
(Sorry, I didn't feel like lugging the camera around with me that night so I don't have any pictures to show ya.)
{5}
One downfall of summer?
Earwigs, earwigs everywhere!
And did I mention the black widow spider hanging around our front porch?
The Alaskan in me will never get used to these creepy lower 48 bugs.
{6}
And if my sister Angel is reading this she is probably cancelling her plans to come visit me anytime soon because she is more creeped out by bugs than I am.
{7}
Oh what I wouldn't give for some of this supercool chalk paint for my "second 30th" birthday later this month:
{8}
Courtney over at Women Living Will is doing a great series called Media Mondays, discussing how we as Christians are affected by social media.
Go check it out:
{9}
Blogolution Update:
Here is a little sneak peek at my latest completion:
Here is a little sneak peek at my latest completion:
Its been a fun one for sure!
{10}
This Week's Blessing:
My wonderful hubby fixed the drippy faucet and low hot water pressure on the kitchen sink.
I am so very glad I married a DIY-er!
Eeeew, let me see...let me see! I'm already lovin' the chevron-painted project :-)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the potty training! I thought of you guys often this weekend, wondering how it was going. No turning back now.
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you....Coming soon :-) Love you!
Haha - he is not going to like that first picture in ten years! We have earwigs and black widows too, and I HATE bugs- I will never get used to them and I have lived here my whole life. Happy Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteEwww. .....you're right about the bugs but I think I could suffer through it with you. You're worth it: -)
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog- It looks awesome! I currently am fostering two little ones aged one and two, and would love to hear more about the 3 day potty training plan- I am definitely ready to get the oldest out of diapers (especially since he came partly trained)!
ReplyDelete