background

Monday, July 25, 2011

Knock Knock

Knock knock.




Who's there?




Orange.




Orange who?




Orange you glad we have decided this isn't quite the shade we were going for on our front door?



YOWSA!!

The color is Orange Slice - a pretty accurate name since it makes our door look like a tangerine, no?

Am I the only one who struggles with matching a swatch with the color I have in my mind?

Although orange was our color of choice, we were after more of a squash shade of orange. 
Short of taking an actual squash with me to Home Depot I'm not sure how to remedy my personal swatch shortcoming.

And yes, when I say the color 'we' were after I mean both me and Justin.
Much to my surprise (and yours too, no doubt) he was on board with this splash of color from the moment I introduced the idea.

Here are some of my inspiration pics:
Google





Now if you will excuse me, I am off to buy a squash and head over to the paint store.
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck! I love the look of a bold door! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny...Thanks for a tickled laugh in my day :-) I think a squash-colored door is a mah-velous idea; I'm just sad you didn't feature my turquoise door as an inspiration. Ahh, well. Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete