background

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

{1}
The new season of Design Star kicks off this week!
Whoop whoop!

 
{2}
What big step accompanies potty-training?
A big boy bed, of course!
I figured it just made sense for Kendry to have easy access getting from his bed to the bathroom for when nature calls, so this weekend we transitioned his crib into a toddler bed.
Nature was not calling, however, when Kendry climbed out of bed and came into our room five times between 1:30 and 2:30 a.m. the first night.
The second night went much better.
Much to my surpise, he has yet to fall out of the bed;
Kendry is one wild sleeper.


{3}
In all honesty, if you could see our tall kiddo lying in his bed you would ask why we have yet to upgrade him to a twin.
All in due time, folks.
I have already found the headboard (a Habitat Store purchase) and have plans to build a bed such as this one from Ana White:
But that project is a little ways down the list right now.


{4}
This weekend is the hubs' big Warrior Dash.
We are so proud of him!

 
{5}
And next week is (gasp!)
my big 3-1!
Bring.
It.
On.
And by that I mean bring on the red velvet birthday cake, not the extra year older.

 
{6}
Last Thursday we attended the Alive After Five in downtown Clarkston.
Kendry got to jump in his first bouncy castle:

And he met his first camel (which he kept calling a cantaloupe):
Stay tuned for a post on how to pull off my awesome disappearing chin act as seen in the above photo.
Yuck - horrible pic of me.

{7}
Helping a potty-training kiddo use a port-a-potty ain't for the fainthearted.
Nor is it a good place to drop your sunglasses.
Eeewww!

{8}
Not that anyone besides me is looking forward to fall just yet, but I've already got the hubs planning his hard cider brew for the harvest party I am determined to host this year.
Start brushing up on your pumpkin carving skills!


{9}
Blogolution Update:
I've been slacking off a bit on the guest room progress, mostly because we got our new laptop in May and I still don't have our new office area set up -
not that we need an office area for a laptop since, by definition, a laptop can simply go in your lap, but the neat freak in me cannot stand that the laptop is constantly going from the dining table to the buffet, and then back to the dining table.
It needs a permanent home already.
So here is a peek at what I've been working on:


{10}
This Week's Blessing:
PEANUT BUTTER PIE
I ate half of this blessing all by myself.

2 comments:

  1. Happy early birthday! I turned the big 3-1 today. Blah! And I am SO ready for fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every mom needs one crazy potty training story to tell!! I have at least four!

    ReplyDelete