background

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

{ONE} 
First and foremost, thank you for the outpouring of love, prayers,
encouragement and support over the last few weeks.
Amazed isn't the right word because we already knew what
amazing family and friends we are blessed to have in our lives.
Moved would probably be more appropriate.
You have moved us so deeply with your love.
Thank you.


{TWO}
I'm sure you understand why my heart hasn't been in blogging mode lately,
but I'm slowly coming back around...
...the ideas are a-flowin', so keep checking in!


{THREE}
My favorite Kendry statement of the week: "Yummm, broccoli!" 
Ahhhh, music to a mama's ears.

 
{FOUR}
I am aware that its been nearly two months since my last Blogolution Update.
What can I say? I've been busy.
I am making progress; its just slow going right now.
So until I can give you a legitimate update, here is a sneak peek at Gert (aka bench for the spare room) to tide you over.
If those appear to be pages I tore out of a church hymnal I found at Goodwill thats because they are.
I am such a rebel.


{FIVE}
My women's Bible study just finished Crazy Love by Francis Chan this week.
 I challenge you to read this book; I guarantee that it will stretch you.

 
{SIX}
Last weekend I registered Kendry for our very first parent and tot swim lesson.
Class starts this Saturday.


{SEVEN}
Note to Self:
Buy toddler swim diapers.
There is no way Kendry still fits in the swim diapers I purchased last summer.


{EIGHT}
Second Note to Self:
Make sure my own swimsuit still fits.
Fertility meds are not kind when it comes to weight gain.


{NINE}
This Week's Blessing: a surprise date night with the hubby.
What I thought was going to be a Kendry and Mommy night at home while Daddy watched basketball with the guys turned quickly into the greatest date night ever! 
Maybe it didn't rival Tina Fey and Steve Carell in Date Night, but it was certainly one for the books.
The babysitter pulled up a few minutes after I got home. Justin already had Kendry's PJ's laid out on the changing table, dinner for the kiddo and his babysitter in the oven, and Kendry's humidifier refilled for the night.

{ You can't make this stuff up, folks! }  

We enjoyed a delicious dinner
(deep-fried ravioli appetizer and a bowl of salsa corn chowder, two of my faves),
actual adult conversation, a movie,
and - wait for it - Cadbury Mini Eggs!
(which we totally did not sneak into the theater in Justin's jacket pocket)

Can you hear me swooning?

Look out, fellas - my hubs has officially raised the bar when it comes to date night.


{TEN}
We said our official goodbye to Mr. Binky this week!
K, our wonderful babysitter, deserves the accolades on this one.
While Justin and I were enjoying our date night, K put the kiddo down for the night sans Mr. Binky - and wouldn't you know he went to sleep just fine.
When Justin and I discovered this the next morning we were elated.
Here was the window of opportunity we had been waiting for!
Mr. Binky and each of his body doubles were hidden from sight that very day.
There were a few minor protests from the kiddo at bedtime,
but he was sleeping soundly within ten minutes.

And that, my friends, is how its done!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE Crazy Love! Definitely a convicting book that really makes you think.

    So glad you guys got a date night! How wonderful to have your husband plan everything!

    And good job with the binky- hope it continues to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a fun date night!

    ReplyDelete