background

Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Thrifty Thursday

Over the last year I have cultivated an intense love for thrifting.
Yard sales, craigslist, thrift stores...
I love them all!

This intense love could quite possibly be transitioning into an addiction,
but we won't dwell on that today.

Some people wouldn't be caught dead in a thrift store.
If that sounds like you, I'm here to tell you that you are seriously missing out.
Yes, thrift stores can carry a lot of useless junk,
not to mention some pretty icky items.
Used lingerie anyone?
But you can also find some great treasures.
Want proof?

Beautiful cake platter - $5

Adorable miniature barstool - $1
Before:

After a brief makeover with paint and glaze:


But this find takes the cake this week:
Youth sized Gonzaga cap for $1.99 - just in time for March Madness.

GO ZAGS!
Are you a thrifting addict like me?

1 comment:

  1. I was in Anchorage when you posted this one. Love that miniature barstool! Gotta admit, though, my favorite is the little guy near the bottom in the red and black cap....
    I think you already know my answer to the thrifting addict question :)

    ReplyDelete