Remember this video from last May?
Talk about a moment of pride for this Mommy.
Kendry was helping with laundry before he could even walk!
Ever the little helper (and future neat freak), Kendry is now even responsible for putting his own dirty clothes into his hamper after every clothing change.
If I could pick just one more chore for him to love it would be the dishes.
Remember how I don't have a dishwasher?
Wish granted!
How Cute! Every little bit they do helps. Alexis puts her diaper in the trash, clothes in the hamper, and picks up trash around the house. We are still working on putting away toys.
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute picture of him looking so big on the stool :-) Somehow I missed that video last May and thoroughly enjoyed watching it for the first time. How precious is that age?? Love you!
ReplyDeleteHi Jody.
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by and leaving your kind comments. And you are so right about the worldly influences. Secularism/relativism are especially insidious...so sneaky and yet so destructive. And for those not into faith-based parenting, their comments can really cause one to question themselves if they are not strongly rooted in their faith!
BTW...I plan on sharing a similar grace-based parenting book tomorrow...and it talks about the importance of teaching our children how to help care for our homes and the community we live in! Sounds like you are on the right track with Kendry! And it always helps to have a neat-nik for a kiddo! ;)
Blessings,
Valerie
Love it! I have very fond memories or helping with the dishes when I was really little and we didn't have a dishwasher. It's instilling good character in him!
ReplyDelete