background

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Remember these four words this holiday season: RED. VELVET. WHOOPIE. PIES. These babies are to die for! Not only are they are my fave {red velvet}, but they are festive in appearance, and - let's face it - the name is oh so fun to say over and over.

Whoop-eeeee. Whoop-eeee. Whoop-eee-pie!

You can find the recipe
here.

2. I recently came across this quote on another blog and I am totally going to find a way to display it in my house, more as a reminder to my OCD self than as an explanation to my guests for why my house is in disarray.



"a perfectly kept house is the sign of a misspent life."
-Mary Randolph Carter-



3. I'm in the doghouse today. While working in the basement the other night I apparently bumped the door closed on the fridge holding the infamous brewing carboy, thus throwing off the delicate temperature regulator that is a slightly open fridge door on a fridge that is not plugged in, with a heating pad plugged in nearby and lying on the bottom shelf in the fridge. We're talking about one high-tech contraption here, folks. And I may have screwed it up.

Okay, maybe the sarcasm is uncalled for; I really am sorry, and I still can't figure out how I bumped it. But something tells me that if this brew doesn't taste good it can't be blamed entirely on my negligence.

4. I may have said this last Christmas too, but the Sawyer Brown "Rejoice" Christmas CD rocks!




5. The biting is back! Kendry was doing so great over the last month, but in the last few days he regressed to being a serial biter again. Which brings me to #6...

6. Kendry added the word "sorry" to his vocabulary this weekend. Unfortunately when it comes out of his mouth it sounds more smug than apologetic. He obviously doesn't get its meaning yet.

7. Almond Rocha, spritz cookies and peppermint bark, OH MY! I am so excited to do my Christmas baking this weekend!

8. Waiting in line at the post office during the holiday season sure makes for some fun people watching.

9. This Week's Blessing: Meeting up with my sis-in-law's family tonight at Locomotive Park in Lewiston to see the beautiful lights. The boys had so much fun running around. And just for tonight I won't complain about the fact that it was 50 degrees here today (in December!) because it made for a beautiful night spent outside.






10. I will wrap up this week's TOT with a Christmas medley from Straight No Chaser. My brother introduced me to this group last Christmas. I'm sure you will love them as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment