And it makes me ponder when we will have another kiddo (or two or three) seated at the table with us.
2. I just found out that my very favorite Christian fiction writer, Francine Rivers, has two books in a new series out. I checked out the first one today. Talk about quality holiday reading! (If you are curious, I have included a link to the book Her Mother's Hope in my reading list to the right.)
3. Remember the sweater vest controversy from last week? Well, this week I bought the most adorable houndstooth newsboy cap for Kendry on ebay - FOR FREE, mind you. (Every once in awhile those online surveys pay off; I got a $10 credit to my paypal account. Easy peasy money, baby!) Its a wee bit big yet, but still positively precious!

I can just see it now:
Interviewer: "Mr. President, we at GQ Magazine must know where you developed your keen fashion sense."
Kendry (aka Mr. President): "Well, Bob, I owe it all to my mom."
4. I may be in my own little world but its okay - they know me here. :)
5. The Christmas baking frenzy begins in one week!
6. The mommy in me is just itchin to buy myself a Christmas sweater. Oooo, can't you just see me baking my Christmas goodies in a fun Christmas sweater?
6. The mommy in me is just itchin to buy myself a Christmas sweater. Oooo, can't you just see me baking my Christmas goodies in a fun Christmas sweater?
Maybe something subtle.
Or not so subtle.

7. We may have started a new New Year's Day tradition last year when we spent a good portion of the day cleaning out and organizing our basement. Between storing items for family, accumulating more tools and supplies for painting our house, everything being displaced in the Memorial Day Flood, and the hubby recently shattering a glass carboy into a million little pieces on the basement floor (another story for another day), the basement is WAY overdue for some attention.
8. How sick is it to be excited about cleaning your basement?
9. A happy birthday shout-out to my sis, Jaimee! I love you, Jaim!
10. This Week's Blessing: Spending Monday evening as a family, simply enjoying the holiday season. We visited Justin's Grandma and set up her Christmas tree, followed by a visit to see Santa. Then we returned home and enjoyed hot cocoa at the dining room table where Kendry feasted on his very first candy cane. Moments like these are what this time of year is all about.

Definitely the not so subtle sweater!! It just screams Jody! lol
ReplyDelete