background

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ten on Tuesday (delay courtesy of the Teething Monster)

1. Here is where I would post an adorable Christmas photo of my kiddo - except that I can't find a single one. My normally happy kiddo decided to cut some teeth over our Christmas weekend, so smiles were a bit hard to come by, even amidst presents galore. But our Christmas 2010 synopsis deserves its own post (which is coming soon, I promise), so I'll save the details for later.


2. Instead you get these photos.

Finally, a smile!

When your kiddo is unhappy and starving, and his gums are swollen to the size of Rhode Island, you fix whatever meal works. Last night's dinner: five slices of buttered bread and yogurt (straight from the container, as you can see).


3. Apparently the bread and yogurt meal did the trick because everyone in our house overslept this morning. Dare I say that the Teething Monster might be ending his most recent rampage?

Puh-lease! I'm not that naive.



4. Confession:
I love the tradition of buying a new ornament each year. Justin and I started this our very first Christmas as a married couple, and now we get one for Kendry each year as well. But here is the thing: I don't buy them before Christmas. Instead, I wait until the after Christmas sales and get them on clearance. So am I really the smart little bargain shopper I think I am, or am I totally botching this tradition? And am I the only one who does this?

Regardless, look at the cute ones I found this year (i.e. yesterday):

By the way, in case you were curious, I have it on good faith that the official Hallmark Ornament Committee dictates that the 2 doesn't represent an age; rather, its for a 2nd Christmas. Thats my story and I'm stickin to it!


5. I've been itchin to show you my fun Christmas craft for 2010. I made this Christmas tree out of a styrofoam cone and craft paper several weeks ago. And no, I'm not creative enough to come up with this on my own - I took the idea from a scrapbooking magazine. The reason I couldn't show you until now is because I actually made two and loved them so much I sent one to my sister Angel as a surprise. Truth be told, I think I sent her the cuter one; but thats what you do for a sister. And I still adore the one I kept.



6. Justin bottled his now infamous first brew last week - without further incident, thankfully. Its supposed to sit in the bottles for a little while longer, but he cracked one open this weekend and seemed to impress even himself. He might just have a winner in his first batch!

7. My skin as been crazy dry lately, thanks to the cooler weather, so I finally heeded advice and busted out the rubber gloves for dishwashing. I don't have a real dishwasher (yet), remember? So my hands spend a lot of time in my kitchen sink. But thanks to Momma B (aka my wonderful mom) I still feel like a total diva, even when I'm wearing rubber gloves. I don't know where my mom finds these things, but I can count on at least one fun new pair each year, the pink being the latest.

I may have even busted out some "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" a time or two while wearing these babies!


8. HAPPY NEW YEAR!! We will most certainly be asleep by 10pm in this house.


9. And speaking of the new year, I have a great blog idea brewing - a blog-olution, if you will - for 2011 to be revealed next week. See you then!


10. This Week's Blessing: LOTS of cuddle time with my kiddo. I hate it when he feels lousy, but I love it when nothing but rocking with mommy will do.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I like your ornament tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear your new blog idea, my fellow blog follower :-) I already enjoy your blog so much I think I'd better say "blog" a few more times in this post just because "blog" is that kind of a word. Love to you and love to your wonderfully refreshing blog! Blogging off now.

    ReplyDelete