background

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bring on the Cards!

I love getting Christmas cards. I enjoy seeing which of my family and friends gets them out first. FYI: This year's winner is my girl Amanda who always finds the most adorable cards.

And I get a fun chuckle out of whomever gets theirs out last (don’t worry, I won’t mention any names - you know who you are).

Somewhere along the line I inherited this Christmas cardholder, complete with an angel at the top. Two days ago it stood empty; not so today.

(Please excuse my yucky door; new doors are on our current home improvement list.)

{On a side note, if you collect the Christmas cards throughout the season like I do, take a look at what Brittany over at Pretty Handy Girl made to display her cards. I am all over this idea for next year. Anyone want dibs on my over-the-door angel cardholder?}


Last year we did our cards at Shutterfly. Their selection is awesome!

Would you look at how little my kiddo was just one year ago?

Our photos were taken by my talented sis-in-law, who has now started her own photography business: Andrea Lopez Photography. (Andrea: If you are reading this, I want to schedule another family shoot with you sometime in the very near future.)

But I digress.

I LOVE SHUTTERFLY! Not only is it the greatest (and easiest) place to upload and share your photos with family and friends, but they have fun projects and gifts that you can make with your photos. My all-time favorite is the photo book I made for my kiddo earlier this year that includes pictures of all the members in his immediate family. Most of our family members live at least a few hours (if not 2,000 miles) away so I wanted Kendry to remember their names and faces. The best part is that this book has become one of his favorites, which makes it worth every penny.

I have also used their photo calendars as Christmas gifts the last few years. This year I am contemplating making one for myself.

Did you know you can also do invites on Shutterfly? These will come in handy for my Tacky Christmas Sweater party next year. Yes, despite the hubby's protests I am determined to host one of these parties some day.

So why all the talk about Shutterfly? I just signed up for their giveaway of 50 free holiday cards when you blog about them. Yes, I am a sellout. But free is free, baby! And I am already in love with their cards, so why not?

Here are some of my faves from their huge collection of Christmas 2010 photo cards:







Now if only I knew which photos I want to use for the card.


No pressure, but when can we expect to receive your Christmas card this year?

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of doing a book with the immediate family. Ella will be the youngest on my husband's side, and the oldest on my side (my brother and sister-in-law are expecting in February); with his family in Montana and mine in California. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would need your address to send you our card!! :)

    ReplyDelete