About a week ago a colleague told me about a Santa 5k run scheduled for Saturday, December 4th. Mind you, it has been two months since my half-marathon on October 2nd. Since then I have been on one 4m run and have boycotted the gym entirely. For the first month I used the excuse that my body needed the break. Now that its two months later I will be honest - I'm just being plain lazy. However, I have been getting the itch to dust off the old running shoes, so I agreed to participate.
Not even the chilly weather on Saturday morning deterred us. And by "us" I mean me. Kendry was along for the ride but I'm certain if he were able to decide for himself he would have preferred staying cozy warm at home.
Costumes were recommended, much to Kendry's disgust. Keeping the antlers on him long enough for a photo was no small feat.


Not even the chilly weather on Saturday morning deterred us. And by "us" I mean me. Kendry was along for the ride but I'm certain if he were able to decide for himself he would have preferred staying cozy warm at home.
Costumes were recommended, much to Kendry's disgust. Keeping the antlers on him long enough for a photo was no small feat.
The race wasn't officially timed but I was only 5 seconds off my pace from the half-marathon. And the big bonus: it got me excited about running again.

Props to you...I hate running.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lot of fun! My first half marathon is in january:)
ReplyDelete