background

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Hello again! I never actually made a conscious decision to take a blogging break for the last two weeks; rather, it was just so busy that I decided to go with the flow and post the details later.

Now for the details:

2. SNOW!! We got our first dose of good snow the Sunday before Thanksgiving. As it didn't start sticking until the evening it was too dark to take Kendry out in it. So at 7am Monday morning the boys geared up and headed out to the back yard. Kendry wasn't too sure about the bulkiness of his snowsuit and boots at first (think the little brother in Christmas Story: "I can't put my arms down!"). But my kiddo will do (or wear) whatever it takes to spend time in his favorite place: outside!






As any supermom would, I had cocoa and mini marshmellows waiting when they came back inside.




3. Shhh! Don't tell anyone, but I had actually been praying for some snow before Thanksgiving. This admission alone can earn you some dirty looks around these parts. How people cannot love snow, I will never know.

However, by Wednesday I was praying for it to stop since we had a 3.5 hour drive ahead of us. It didn't stop. It was a 4.5 hour drive instead, with a toddler who refused to sleep.


4. Kendry had his 18 month check-up two weeks ago and measured as follows: height of 35.25 inches (99%), weight of 28.5 lbs (81%) and head circumference of 50 cm (95%). This little sprout barely fits in these 3T jammies I bought that same week.




4. Wretched driving trip aside, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Justin's family and enjoyed some much-needed relaxation time. I didn't even venture out for the Black Friday deals - although in taking a look at my Christmas shopping list this week I'm thinking I probably should have.


5. Now for the Thanksgiving photos!

Oh wait, there aren't any because we forgot our camera at home. Grrr! I suppose you will just have to trust me when I tell you that Kendry looked adorable in his Thanksgiving sweater vest.


6. Recent dialogue:
Justin: Those sweater vests you keep making him wear are going to turn him into a nerd.
Me: But he will be the cutest nerd ever!


7. Two weeks ago we were given the option of trying for a December IVF cycle. Woo hoo! Of course we said yes.


8. One week ago we were advised not to proceed with a December cycle and take a break for a few months to let my body get back to normal. (As if I could ever be normal!)


9. See, I told you its been a busy two weeks! But honestly, we believe that when its the right time, God's time, everything with our IVF cycle will fall into place just so. And apparently December was not the right time. Instead, we get to stay at home and fully enjoy the Christmas season.


10. This Week's Blessing: Kendry successfully used the potty for the very first time on Thanksgiving Day! He hasn't used it since but we are making progress here, people!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, when you mentioned the Thanksgiving sweater vest I laughed out loud. THEN I read #6 and laughed even harder! Oh, how I miss sweater vests! I was able to get them on my boys until about age 6, then it was, "Mom, those just aren't cool..." Since when??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living in Arizona, I can't even fathom bundling up a child for snow. We had a freeze two nights ago, and I started realizing just how under-equipped I am for cold weather and a newborn. Luckily it was warm during the day, but I should really take advantage of after-season sales (if I can find them in Arizona) so that she's ready for Christmas in Montana next year. Yay for potty training!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are raising nerds, too! Being a nerd is a good thing in my mind!

    ReplyDelete