background

Friday, November 5, 2010

Postponed

I have always loved the idea that whenever our friends and family wish to get updated on our life they can simply take a look at this blog and have a pretty good idea of recent happenings, complete with photos and video. That was, in fact, the sole purpose of creating this blog. I do not make a habit of using this blog as a journal in which to capture my daily thoughts - not that I find anything wrong with that, but that isn't why we created the blog. I do love journaling, but it often captures more personal information than I care to post on a blog for so many eyes to see. There are just many aspects of our life that we prefer to keep private, and thus off the blog.


However, if we as a family hide the struggles we are facing, are we really giving you an accurate picture of our life? Probably not. I think there are a lot of people today, Christians included, who are afraid to let others in on their personal struggles, for fear of appearing like they don't have it all together. A wife is afraid to admit her marriage is in turmoil. A husband is afraid to admit that he lost his job. A couple is afraid to admit their infertility diagnosis. Are we helping ourselves get through these struggles by not sharing them, or are we hindering ourselves? Because the truth is that none of us have it all together.


The Bible instructs us on the importance of lifting one another up in prayer and encouragement, and I think an important part of that is sharing with your friends and family what they can specifically be praying for on your behalf.


A few months ago we decided we were ready to pursue our second IVF cycle. We passed all the right medical tests and did all the right planning. Today is the day we were supposed to leave for Seattle to "make it all happen". Unfortunately, last Friday they discovered a cyst on one of my ovaries and our cycle was indefinitely postponed. I have a follow-up appointment in a few weeks to check on the cyst.


We trust in God's plan and timing, but that doesn't mean we aren't disappointed. Please be praying with us that God would remove this cyst and that we would be able to reschedule the IVF cycle in the near future. But mostly, please pray that we would be blessed with patience as we learn to wait on Him.


Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you!

    And I find it interesting that I started my blog for exactly the opposite reason--to journal and share my experience with others, and have been so blessed through the support that I have found. I hope that you feel the same in sharing these struggles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry it was postponed. Praying for peace as you wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jody,
    I wishing for the best of luck and hope that cyst doesn't stop you to much like it did with me. I know what your feeling and its really hard. Even tho I say things in my blog I don't say everything thing like the struggles it causes in marriage and with my family and all the bad things they have to say. I will be praying for you and that everything works out in the end. Just let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you guys... I totally agree though and have said it many times on my blog, I just don't want to read about women with perfect lives because it isn't real. I want to be able to relate and find comfort and support. There are things I just won't share because it is not really the appropriate setting, but I do love reading about real Christian women with real everyday struggles and joys!

    ReplyDelete