background

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. I am certain that the genious behind Daylight Savings Time never had a toddler with an internal clock waking him up at 6:30am (now 5:30am). Augh!


2. I have a serious love/hate relationship with clothes shopping. I love to shop for new clothes - what woman doesn't, right? But I hate selecting which clothes to buy because, more often than not, I have no idea how to wear the current trends. I'm afraid I am somewhat fashion challenged. I was at JCPenney this weekend and found a nice cardigan, but just as I was about to purchase it I envisioned my sister Angel telling me it looked like a "grandma's cardigan". I promptly returned it to its rack. Why oh why can't I live near one of my sisters, if not for this very purpose?!


3. And speaking of clothes......."jeggings"? Really?!



4. My fall love this week is my topiary.




I made this topiary with my sisters several years ago (2002?) when we were together at Jaimee's house in Kenai. We each made our own and when they were completed we noted how each one resembled our various personalities. When I get my topiary out each fall I remember that day with my sisters so fondly.


5. Who knew I could be so excited for a training potty to arrive in the mail this week? I can't wait for Kendry to see it. Its in the shape of a frog.



6. Disney Movie Trivia: "Ma chère mademoiselle. It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight. And now, we invite to relax, let us pull up a chair, as the dining room proudly presents... your dinner."

{Last week's answer: Dumbo}


7. Confession: I cheated and listened to some Christmas music today - but only because Amazon had a Veggie Tales Christmas Album as a free download and I just had to have it for Kendry.



8. P.S. to all you moms out there: if you haven't signed up for Amazon Mom you are missing out.




9. I am three movies into my Fall Film Festival, having already watched One True Thing, When Harry Met Sally, and Son-in-Law (which wasn't on my earlier list but had to be added since the movie takes place over Thanksgiving - and because I love Pauly Shore).



10. This Week's Blessing: Cheesecake, cheesecake and more cheesecake! Justin and I are relishing the leftovers of his birthday cheesecake; it is our nightly dessert ritual this week.

3 comments:

  1. You can always move to Arizona where we don't observe Daylight Savings Time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm behind... what's a jegging??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley - "jeggings" are jean leggings. I find them appalling, probably because they give me a total 80s flashback. And somehow wearing what are essentially painted on jeans in my childhood makes it feel entirely inappropriate to wear them in my 30s.

    ReplyDelete