background

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. It has been somewhat of a discouraging week (the details of which I will share at a later date), but we know that God is still in control. In praying with my sister on Friday she mentioned a wonderful study she was doing on Habakkuk. Then today I found this scripture on another blog:

"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day." Habakkuk 2:3

I think its time that I read Habakkuk again.
{**Yes, it certainly is! After publishing this blog post I did some online research on this passage and realized that my use of this scripture is out of context. In this passage God is referring to the upcoming destruction of Judah - obviously not really applicable to our current circumstance. So I apologize for my lack of knowledge on this book of the Bible. However, God goes on to say: "Behold the proud, his soul is not upright in him; but the just shall live by his faith." Here is a neat commentary I found on this passage: "Just as we do not always understand the reasons for suffering and violence in a particular situation, Habakkuk did not understand the reason for the righteous to suffer along with the wicked in God's punishment of Judah. God simply tells Habakkuk that the just live by their faith. It is our faith that keeps us going in times of suffering. And by our faith we are confident that God is with us and that He works all things together for good to those who love Him (Rom. 8:28)." We may not understand why we face certain trials in this life, but through faith we can know with certainty that God has a bigger plan. My mission this week is to read through Habakkuk; I will report back to you on it soon.**}

2. My hubby turns 30 this week. Happy birthday, babe! As I am three months older than him, I always love this time of year, when our ages match each other for the next 9 months. Whatever it takes to make me feel like I am not the older spouse in this marriage, right?

3. I tackled another household furnishing project this weekend: a fun chair to go with my new craft desk. In true "decorating with what you have cuz you don't have a whole lotta money" fashion, I dug out this old hand-me-down from a simple dining set we had in our early married days.

BEFORE:



Please don't ask about the visible upholstery stain because I have no idea what happened there, nor do I want to know.
AFTER:



What would the world be without spray paint?


4. I am sending out some blog love this week. These sites are really inspiring my home decor and new found furniture hobby:

5. Have I told you that my husband makes the world's best meatloaf?

Well, he does.


6. My fall love this week:

mums...

...and football.


7. Disney Movie Trivia: "Your ma ain't crazy. She's just broken-hearted. And it ain't nobody's fault you got them big ears...As a matter of fact, I think they're very decorative. You know, lots of people with big ears are famous!"
{Last week's answer: Toy Story 2}


8. You would think my kiddo has been reading Webster's Dictionary with how many new words he is learning these days.

9. Justin has requested a homemade cheesecake for his birthday dinner this weekend. I love to bake, and I love cheesecake, but I have never baked a cheesecake before. Wish me luck!


10. This Week's Blessing: Learning (once again) to trust God's plan and timing.

4 comments:

  1. I also read Habakkuk during some discouraging times in my life--I recommend it as well. And I'm known as the "cheesecake queen" at work. Some secrets I use--lay down two sheets of wax paper at the bottom of the springform pan to help when removing the cheesecake and transferring it to a serving dish; wrap the whole whole (outside) of the bottom of the springform pan in aluminum foil so that it won't leak, then place on cookie sheet and add about 1/2 inch of water (helps keep cake moist so it won't crack). Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the cheesecake- that is a tough one! And I love the new look of the chair- love that green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen those verses used a lot by us "infertiles". It is a little out of context but still some great verses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to read Habakkuk again, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete