...when your kiddo regresses to waking up three times during the night for three nights in a row,...
...when he finally sleeps for an eleven hour stretch but still wakes up grumpy,...
...when he sobs for ten minutes straight but won't let you comfort him and he can't communicate what is wrong,...
...when his nose won't stop running and he won't stop rubbing it all over his face and hair (or all over you) rather than letting you take care of it with a kleenex,...
...when he has a meltdown every five minutes,...
...when you get caught in the vicious cycle that is 'wipe the icky nose, he cries because he hates you wiping his nose, the nose runs some more thanks to the crying, so you have to wipe it again',...
...you have to remind yourself that teething is only a stage and will soon pass, and, more importantly, that your kiddo will return to his precious self very soon.
This is what I am using as my reminder today:
And yes, I am one of those shameless mothers who lets her 18 month old eat some of his Halloween candy. Cha-ching! Thats the sound of my kiddo's future dental bill on the rise.
Did you also notice that I didn't hop right up to grab the Nerds he kept dropping onto my floor? The new and improved Jody waited until the camera stopped rolling before she was on all fours on the dining room floor, chasing down every last tiny Nerd. I think I'm growing!
No comments:
Post a Comment