background

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. This Week's Blessing: Justin fixed my leaky kitchen sink and pipes! I love my handyman hubby!


2. Less then 4 weeks until the half-marathon! As excited as I am to achieve this goal, its quite possible I am even more excited for my workout-free month which begins the second I cross that finish line on October 2nd.

3. I am LOVING The Pioneer Woman!! I made her Monkey Muffins for my boys over Labor Day weekend. Yummers!


4. And as a follow up to #3, I just might be rekindling my relationship with real butter.

5. How old are we when standing in this position finally becomes uncomfortable?
Kendry could stand like this for hours.


6. Disney Movie Trivia: "Oi! Ten thousand years will give you such a crick in the neck!"


7. I started working on Kendry's trick-or-treat bag over the long weekend and I love how its turning out:


Each year we will add another photo of Kendry in his costume, so I have left space to iron on those photos. I am also going to stitch some fabric/ribbon on the straps - I'm thinking a candy corn pattern would be the perfect touch.


8. Upon inspecting Kendry's trick-or-treat bag, Justin commented: "You're going to be one of those moms that embarrasses him in junior high, aren't you?" Which made me visualize a day in the not so distant future, when Kendry announces to me that his adorable trick-or-treat bag is no longer cool.

Sniff, sniff. I will not cry.

Why do kids have to grow up anyway?


9. And speaking of Halloween, I have delegated Justin to make a light saber for Kendry's costume. Stay tuned for the hubby's progress on that one.


10. Your prayers are greatly appreciated as we head to Seattle for our yearly work-up with our fertility clinic this coming Friday. We are praying that everything will look great and they will okay us to try another IVF cycle in the next year - once we are financially able to do so.

4 comments:

  1. Will be praying for you!! :) Jon is doing a half marathon in october too... it's here though!

    Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, praying for you trip Friday!

    Second- Aladdin?

    Third- I know right!? Thank you for laughing with me on my post! First off (again), people don't understand the wrath of a pregnant lady being deprived of anything, especially caffeine! Second, The shirt was ridiculous! And next time I will totally sport the scrunchy!

    And last, you were close on the drink! It was a non-fat, no-whip, peppermint mocha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog! We really do have similar stories. I am now following you. I would love to feature you blog on my "New Blog Friday" if you are interested. Good Luck! I will definitely be praying for you and IVF #2. :)

    Aly
    www.infertilityoverachievers.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be praying for you too! Love the Halloween bag!

    Thanks for such an encouraging comment on my confessions post. I really appreciated that. Why do we romanticize pregnancy so much, I wonder? I must be because of the great blessing that results, but still, I appreciated hearing that it's not just me!

    ReplyDelete