background

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

More Fun Firsts

We have taken Kendry to a few “first” experiences over the last few weeks:

{First Parade}
Farmer-Consumer Days is an event held in early September in the small farming community of Quincy, WA, where Justin grew up and where my in-laws still reside. Attending the parade on Saturday was actually a first for me too. There were vintage tractors, floats, farm implements, classic cars, dancing horses, the entire high school cheerleading team riding John Deere lawn tractors (I told you this was a farming town), and LOTS of candy. Kendry didn’t care for the loud horns and sirens.
He did like the candy.
Even amidst all the activity, Cousin Ava was ready for a nap.


{First Football Game}
No fall season is complete without taking in a hometown football game. Two weeks ago we cheered on Clarkston High School in their game against Moscow. Kendry was even decked out in his Clarkston Bantams t-shirt, which I found at a yard sale this summer. GO BANTAMS! In true toddler fashion, Kendry was more content climbing the bleachers than watching the game, but he behaved incredibly well. And every time the announcer said “First down!” Kendry would shout “Touchdown!” with both arms raised. Its probably a bit early to explain the difference to a 16 month old, but you know his daddy won’t postpone that lesson for long.

2 comments:

  1. I see an "Alaska Grown" shirt! I have mine on right now! Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the "One Lovely Blog Award". You can find the info on my blog.

    ReplyDelete