background

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. This Week's Blessing: our church celebrated its centennial over the weekend. What an amazing legacy of faith!


2. This Day's Blessing: my hubby left a beautiful yellow rose in my car for me to find when I left for work. I love that man!


3. Am I the only person who does not run with their iPod held in their hand? This would drive me crazy:
I have an arm strap I use to keep my iPod (and headphone cord) out of my way, yet still easily accessible. And don't even get me started on you "I run with my iPhone because it has my music on it" people. If you are running with a phone at all, you aren't a real runner.

(Please note that this is not an attack on Kate Gosselin whom, despite public opinion, I actually like. Her Type A personality reminds me a lot of my own. Her photo was simply the one that got me curious about other people's iPod habits.)


4. Its only been four days since I got my hair cut and I'm already thinking that bangs were a huge mistake.


5. Strangely enough, I also told myself four years ago: "Self, never go through the hassle that is bangs EVER AGAIN!"

Self is obviously a slow learner who suffers from memory loss.


6. Our internet/phone debacle is still ongoing. In all honesty, it hasn't bothered me nearly as much as I thought it would, but the hubby was a nervous wreck when he had no way to manage his Fantasy Football team on Sunday morning.


7. Disney Movie Trivia: "He can call me a flower if he wants to; I don't mind."
(last week's winner: Stephanie)


8. My kiddo is still the daycare biter. He will go a few days without incident, but then he will have a relapse day and bite two kiddos in the span of a few hours. This morning at daycare I ran into the mother of Kendry's main victim, a little girl 9 months older than Kendry. We shared a chuckle or two with our provider about the biting and the other mother complimented on what a friendly kiddo Kendry is.


After I left I had to wonder about the proper etiquette for your kiddo's knack for biting another person's child. Should I have apologized? I just don't know.


9. Habitual biting aside, how cute is this photo of my little man? His Auntie Andrea snapped this one last week.

10. And today I will leave you with one of my favorite fall treats. Some call it Russian Tea. I call mine Kia's Spice Tea because I got the recipe from my sister-in-law, Kia.

2 C Tang

1/2 C instant tea

1 1/2 C sugar

1/4 t cinnamon

1/4 t ground cloves

1 package lemonade mix

Directions: Mix all ingredients together. Add 2-3 T to hot water. Then curl up on the couch with your favorite fall movie and enjoy!


HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!

3 comments:

  1. Okay SOOOO Jon's iphone has a running app that charts his speed/distance, etc with the built in GPS - kinda like those expensive watch thingys... so he RUNS with his phone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skunk in Bambi! Do I win? Do I win?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Jaimee, you win. :) I don't know that many people remember Bambi anymore.

    ReplyDelete