background

Monday, March 25, 2013

Busting at the Seams



If you opened this post expecting to see a picture of me and my belly busting out of yet another pair of maternity jeans, the joke is on you. This post has nothing to do with the pregnancy.

Okay, thats not entirely true; it does pertain to the pregnancy in a roundabout way.

Ha ha!  

Round?  Pregnancy?

I crack myself up.


This week marks the start of a project years in the making.

Fifty points to you if you can guess what these babies are for?






I am seriously swooning over those big windows (of which there are 3). Hello, daylight!


Have you figured it out yet?

No?


I'll give you another hint:

What would YOU do with all this wasted space?




And by wasted space I mean a carport that isn't big enough to hold either of our cars,

...an odd-placed door with no steps (see left side of the picture),

...and a spacious basement only accessed by first going outside.





That's right, we're finally enclosing our carport.


Cue the awkward pregnant woman dance!

I may be carrying an extra 30 lbs on my frame, but I can still do a mean running man.



I'll be the first to admit that tackling an addition to our house (professionals will be doing a good portion of the work) less than three months before my due date is a bit overwhelming, and I am a little sad to say goodbye to my orange door, but we've come to the conclusion that it simply needed to be done. In anticipation for the twins' arrival we are transitioning Kendry from his current bedroom (a/k/a the nursery) into the back bedroom (a/k/a bedroom with a door into the carport); but Kendry needs to be able to leave his room without having to walk though the nursery.

We're excited that our basement will finally be connected to the main areas of the house. In addition, we'll be moving the washer and dryer out to this new space so they are no longer crowding the back door.


(2011 photo, but you get the idea of what I mean by crowded)


So there you have it - our next adventure as fixer-upper owners!


Adios, carport.

Hello, expanding living space!







3 comments:

  1. Ohhh, that'll be a great space! Good luck! (We're remodeling right now, too. Fun times.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good-bye, orange door . Ahh, the sacrifices we make :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that door! But, your new space will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete