background

Friday, May 25, 2012

Getting to Know Kendry {Age 3}


Pinned it, did it.

After seeing this idea on Pinterest I knew I had to start it when Kendry turned 3, except instead of simply writing down his answers I wanted to capture his interview on video. The object is to record your kiddo's likes/dislikes/favorites at different stages to see how they change year to year.

Kendry was in a spectacularly good mood last night; he happily agreed to sit still on the couch for a few minutes while Mommy worked the camera. As you can see, sitting still was an epic failure - but when does a 3 year old boy ever really sit still?

{I won't be winning any cinematography awards for this one - the lighting is terrible. And somehow between loading it to youtube and then to the blog it got even worse. For the best quality recording I suggest viewing it HERE.}






A few comments from Mommy:

1. This video was shot right before dinner and right after Kendry started campaigning to have peas and carrots with our meal - thus the mention of peas and carrots as his favorite veggie...and fruit.   We had broccoli. 

2. His attention span ended before I could ask him what he wants to be when he grows up. His answer?  "I will go to school."  Excellent answer, kiddo...unless you're thinking to become a professional student. Then we might need to have a little heart to heart.

3. Despite what he says about his favorite thing to do outside, we do not use our child for manual labor...yet.

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! And he can "go to school" as a career; my masters degree is in Higher Education, and my entire professional career has been in the University setting. Looking forward to doing this with Ella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the video idea... I'll have to remember that! So cute!

    ReplyDelete