background

Friday, September 16, 2011

I Have a New Crush

Oh, picnik!
Where have you been all my life?!
(a little shout out to Shelley over at House of Smiths for tipping me off to this fabulous site and giving a few basic editing tips)

I am a newbie to photo editing, but look what I did in just a few minutes with this one:
I actually love both the 'before' and the 'after' versions; the original photo was snapped by my BFF Amanda who takes beautiful pics anyway.
But this before and after shows you a few of the features available on picnik.
I confess - I am a sepia addict. And I like having the background a little blurred so the focus was on Kendry.
(When is it not, right?)

Plus, the wording on the photos and this simple collage format were both done on picnik.

Do you know what this means for my before and after project photos?!
The possibilities are endless...

{Note: I went ahead and paid for the premium picnik features ($25/year or $5/month) since I am absolutely smitten with this site.}

Here you can see the results of a few exposure, highlights, contrast and sharpen changes - essentially just a few clicks of the mouse:

I have been blogging for three years now and for the life of me I cannot tell you why I am only just now catching up with the photo editing world.
Who knew it was this simple?

2 comments:

  1. Oh no... not something else to get caught up in! "I will not go to picnik....I will not go to picnik..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you convinced me to give it a shot. Until now photo editing seemed like one extra step that would take too much time. I'm going to trust you that it's really that easy. Here I go now....

    ReplyDelete