This summer we Justin tried his hand at a wee bit of gardening.
The green beans succumbed to the elements early on, which is just as well since they probably would have been suffocated by the crazy flowers taking over next to the sandbox.
Why we planted a block of bee-magnet flowers right next to our kiddo's sandbox is somewhat puzzling to me now. Perhaps we will rethink that strategy next year.
The carrots...
...hmmm...
...come to think of it, I can't tell you where the carrots are, or if they were even planted.
(Can you tell how involved I have been in this gardening process?)
I fear the carrots may have suffered the same fate as the green beans.
The broccoli has been a big success.
I can't thank God enough for blessing us with a kiddo who loves his veggies.
The hops are doing great as well.
Yep, in true homebrewer fashion, Justin grew his very own hops this year.
The pumpkins might be questionable as they were planted fairly late.
I'm crossing my fingers that I'll end up with some beauties like I had last year:
This week we decided to take a peek at how our potatoes were doing.
(the egg is obviously for scale purposes)
(the egg is obviously for scale purposes)
"Awww Pudge, he's small potatoes."
{Quick, name that movie!}
Awesome! Some day I'll get to that veggie garden ;) We have a pumpkin growing too that a friend gave me for my birthday- I hope it lasts!
ReplyDeleteAnd Thank you SO much for your comment on my post. You get to that breaking point and you really have to remove yourself from the situation.. but that is what makes us good moms, we are able to know when we get to that point and are able to remove ourselves and come back. I just love that you were willing to share that with me! Thanks again Jody!!
Steph
Hi Jody!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for dropping by. Funny that you yourself had just done a gardening post. I swear that Kansas City has become the new Death Valley. This summer heat was terrible and our garden was pathetic. Nothing was harvested in time and so we got nothing...so sad. :( I'm gonna try better next spring...and use those cute little labels for the plants!!! I couldn't tell you what got planted where!
Hope all is well with you.
Val