Friday evening was our first time running a race as a family.
It was a fairly low key 5k with no official timing, and although the race didn't start until 7pm the temperature was still in the mid 80's.
Brutal.
We arrived a tad bit early so we had a little time to kill.
Kendry never tires of throwing rocks into the river.
The race took place on the greenbelt path along the Snake River;
it was just a simple down and back.
Although pushing Kendry in the BOB adds quite the challenge, I hadn't considered the benefits:
Not only did I get to converse with my kiddo the entire race (he seriously never.stops.talking) but I also got to nab Kendry's water bottle a few times when I got parched.
Although pushing Kendry in the BOB adds quite the challenge, I hadn't considered the benefits:
Not only did I get to converse with my kiddo the entire race (he seriously never.stops.talking) but I also got to nab Kendry's water bottle a few times when I got parched.
Finishers were invited to enjoy a hot dog after the race.
Both Justin and I would prefer that Kendry grow to enjoy sprinting more than distance running,
but either way I think he is destined to be a runner...
or the next Matt Hasselbeck.
And yes...

Way to go on the 5k! And so fun to do it with the family. I'm still working up the courage to sign up for my first one.
ReplyDeleteAwesome, good for you! Sounds like a fun, family day!
ReplyDelete